Avoiding America Based Anti-virus Software

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I am interested in a list of reputable antivirus software developed be companies based outside the united states. Preferably Russian, Chinese or Non-American allied European countries . Basically, I am looking for companies that may have an interest in detecting and eliminating en-ess-aye malware.

ROFL

Don't forget rushandeefencemenastree malware. ;)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I dare either of them to breach my sandbox, tip-toe around my behavior blocker, and then WSA.

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
1. Avast- Czech Republic
2. Avira- Germany
3. Panda Cloud Antivirus- United Kingdom Spain
4. BitDefender Antivirus- Romania
5. Baidu Antivirus- China
6. AVG Anti-Virus- Netherlands
7. Qihu 360 Internet Security- China
8. Ad-Aware Free Antivirus- Malta
9. (Agnitum) Outpost Security Suite- Cyprus
10. Roboscan (ALYac)- Republic Of Korea
11. Emsisoft- Austria
12. Kaspersky- Russia
13. Dr.Web- Russia
14. Sophos- United Kingdom
15. F-Secure- Finland
16. Norman Antivirus- Norway
17. Gdata- Germany
18. ESET- Slovak Republic
19. F-prot - Iceland
20. IKARUS- Austria

Enjoy!! :D
I'll add these:

21. eScan - India
22. Quick Heal - India
23. K7 Computing - India
24. Zone Alarm - Israel

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I am interested in a list of reputable antivirus software developed be companies based outside the united states. Preferably Russian, Chinese or Non-American allied European countries . Basically, I am looking for companies that may have an interest in detecting and eliminating en-ess-aye malware.

What about the ones that give access to their code -- which are many on that list, as they want US government contracts?

They deny that they do this... but..

Do you want that list?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
The OP is MIA for exactly five years but he seemed ahead of his time in this matter. :cool: Nothing of that calibre is publicly divulged and understandably so. Very cloak and dagger. :devil: Best you can do is go by what's publicly online from trusted sources.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
The NSA is responsible for Security and the use of spying techniques to accomplish that goal.The controversy is that their technology is advanced and undetectable.I don't really think they are going to infect your computer with anything.If you are concerned however there are many non US based companies that provide security software.However many have US Locations also.
If you go to their website and click "about us" you can usually find where their headquarters are based.

Problem for me is the question of "who knows who inside the NSA may have leaked information on how to spy to an individual or group." I completely identify with the OPs concerns.

[QUOTEThe OP is MIA for exactly five years but he seemed ahead of his time in this matter. :cool: Nothing of that calibre is publicly divulged and understandably so. Very cloak and dagger. :devil: Best you can do is go by what's publicly online from trusted sources. ][/QUOTE]

Kind of amazing. I agree...at least 2 or 3 years ahead for sure...

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
1. Avast- Czech Republic
2. Avira- Germany
3. Panda Cloud Antivirus- United Kingdom Spain
4. BitDefender Antivirus- Romania
5. Baidu Antivirus- China
6. AVG Anti-Virus- Netherlands
7. Qihu 360 Internet Security- China
8. Ad-Aware Free Antivirus- Malta
9. (Agnitum) Outpost Security Suite- Cyprus
10. Roboscan (ALYac)- Republic Of Korea
11. Emsisoft- Austria
12. Kaspersky- Russia
13. Dr.Web- Russia
14. Sophos- United Kingdom
15. F-Secure- Finland
16. Norman Antivirus- Norway
17. Gdata- Germany
18. ESET- Slovak Republic
19. F-prot - Iceland
20. IKARUS- Austria

Enjoy!! :D

I'll add these:

21. eScan - India
22. Quick Heal - India
23. K7 Computing - India
24. Zone Alarm - Israel
Let's add more:

25. AhnLab - South Korea
26. Huorong - China
27. Nano - Russia
28. Heimdal - Denmark and Romania

Please contribute to this list if you know any other antivirus companies.

Last edited:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
For what?? if you do not use an AV from the United States, but you have a US system
I think Geographical paranoia is not good.:LOL:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.