AX64 Time Machine Suggestion/Info

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So my first time in MDL giveaway & very happy to win AX64 license.
Hope my first time in MT giveaway & I win IDM license:) And hope random.org will make me very happy again;)

How good, safe & reliable is AX64?

Anyone running it...share experience plzz.

Any suggestion/info?

Win 10 64
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (Mentioned to know any compatibility/issues with KES/KIS)

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Vatos,

I know AX64 page at Wilders & also went through couple pages. And have also PM TheRollbackFrog requesting info/suggestion as he is an expert on this.

The latest version AX64 thats fully compatible with Win 10 is new i.e released this January. And the last 3-4 pages on Wilders I read i.e starting from the mention of the latest version 703.

AX64 is new to me i.e zero knowledge on this i.e never tried to read anything about it.

So started a thread here for suggestion/info, etc...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have installed it.

I have disabled Windows System Restore. With AX64 installed I dont need WSR, right?

I have read that on installing software like AX64, Defrag software should be disabled, is it correct?
I have disabled Windows Defrag.

A

above

Thread author
I use ax64 to image the C partion on my win. 10 desktop . I have not had a problem running windows defrag. I only have used it on demand and probably restore 4 or 5 times a week from another internal hard drive.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
there is a huge 444 page over at wilders security about this program , you might be interested about it there , here is the link to that :

Introducing AX64 Time Machine - hybrid imaging/snapshot software

I also believe that @Umbra has played with this software in the past , maybe he can tell you more about this software?

There are problems with the AX64 betas - which have been in development for a LONG time. Every new release seems to introduce new, major problems.

Most users stick to the original release - since it has been the only version that has proven to be much less problematic.

Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
@ yesnoo
Dont do it .
I have a license for V 1 and V 2 AX64 Now called flashback
V 1 is problematic to say the least
V 2 is more problematic
and the betas yea they are fun.
And they are talking about a V 3 when they cant sort out V 1 + 2 . !
its like

3 stooges vrs laurel and hardy.

Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
There are problems with the AX64 betas - which have been in development for a LONG time. Every new release seems to introduce new, major problems.

Most users stick to the original release - since it has been the only version that has proven to be much less problematic.
What do you mean by original release?

Is stable version 2 good?

I dont do realtime backup. I have partitioned HDD & 1 partition is for all my data & time to time I take back up of this partition to external HDD. So currently I have protected only C drive & backup set to automatic. I am thinking of setting it to manual And would have been good if there was an option to take autobackup daily 1 time too instead of every hour. There are no settings/options at all.

So for now I would like to use AX64 for snapshot program like trying some program & then restore back & some problematic occasion, is it good in this?

So kind of like system restore replacement & some more functions. And its lot better than system restore, right?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
What do you mean by original release?

Is stable version 2 good?

I dont do realtime backup. I have partitioned HDD & 1 partition is for all my data & time to time I take back up of this partition to external HDD. So currently I have protected only C drive & backup set to automatic. I am thinking of setting it to manual And would have been good if there was an option to take autobackup daily 1 time too instead of every hour. There are no settings/options at all.

So for now I would like to use AX64 for snapshot program like trying some program & then restore back & some problematic occasion, is it good in this?

So kind of like system restore replacement & some more functions. And its lot better than system restore, right?

AX64 has a lot of problems.

You have to go to the AX64 webpage and look for the 1st version download link.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
AX64 has a lot of problems.

You have to go to the AX64 webpage and look for the 1st version download link.
Version 2 license will not work on version 1, right?

I uninstalled my security software & tried one of the incremental backup to restore...every other things seem fine but security software was messed up i.e the protection module mentioned malfunctioned. I tried base backup too i.e backup that AX created on install but the same result i.e messed up security software.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Its working fine here on Win 10 64.
Tried couple restore & worked fine. But didn't tested with security software uninstall/install like mentioned in my last post.

I see there is an option to create boot option. Can anyone tell me if creating boot option changes mbr? I dont like these type of software that changes mbr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.