-Malwarebytes Antimalware(Free)
-Sandboxie (free)
-Shadow Defender
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome(x64)

Adguard(Integration Mode)
Ublock(all filters disabled/ Using it as script blocker)
Blur(all features disabled except Masked Mail)
HTTPS Everywhere
Free Download Manager chrome extension(disabled until needed)
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner
Wise Care 365
Privazer
File and Photo backup
One Drive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Removed: Cyberfox AMD x64 / Cyberfox update manager
Added: Firefox x64

Removed: Emsisoft Internet Security
Added: 360 Total Security

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Removed: Cyberfox AMD x64 / Cyberfox update manager
Added: Firefox x64

Removed: Emsisoft Internet Security
Added: 360 Total Security
Most Firefox-based browsers were used only because they offered a native x64 version which Mozilla did not. Now that there is an official x64 Firefox build, it is nice to see users turn to it. Nice move. ;)

Any particular reason why you uninstalled EIS over 360TS?

Reactions: Logethica

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Most Firefox-based browsers were used only because they offered a native x64 version which Mozilla did not. Now that there is an official x64 Firefox build, it is nice to see users turn to it. Nice move. ;)

Any particular reason why you uninstalled EIS over 360TS?
Had won a license to EIS a year ago on a Malwaretip giveaway. It expired. So I decided to try out 360 total security.

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Are you using 360 Total Security with or without the additional engines? What do you currently think of the software?
Still debating whether or not to use the additional engines. Activating both doesn't seem to affect my computer performance in any way. Just my first day with the program, and seems fine so far. Though it did have 1 false positve during a scan which I promptly resolve by adding it to the trust list.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Still debating whether or not to use the additional engines. Activating both doesn't seem to affect my computer performance in any way. Just my first day with the program, and seems fine so far. Though it did have 1 false positve during a scan which I promptly resolve by adding it to the trust list.

You can get like 5% - 10% discount if you renew EIS license, and the more you renewing Emsisoft products, the better discount it will be.

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Added: Heimdal Pro (got the key from a giveaway) - for malicious website/ phishing protection
360 Total security's browser extension doesn't seem to fully support Firefox x64.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Added: Heimdal Pro (got the key from a giveaway) - for malicious website/ phishing protection
360 Total security's browser extension doesn't seem to fully support Firefox x64.
For well-rounded all-purpose malicious flmain blocking in Firefox, I would recommend uBlock Origin with malware domain filters enabled.

Reactions: Logethica and Azure

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
For well-rounded all-purpose malicious flmain blocking in Firefox, I would recommend uBlock Origin with malware domain filters enabled.
Thanks. I actually forgot about those filters.

Seeing as I'm not noticing any slowdown or conflict so far, I will keep this setup for now.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Remove: Heimdal Pro
Added: COMODO firewall

Change: 360 Total Security
custom mode - disable Bitdefender and Avira engine
Nice update. ;)
360TS offers great detection, while at the same time being lightweight and very usable.
Make sure you configure COMODO Firewall properly to suit your needs. At the very least, set it to Proactive Security with default settings - it should provide sufficient protection.

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Nice update. ;)
360TS offers great detection, while at the same time being lightweight and very usable.
Make sure you configure COMODO Firewall properly to suit your needs. At the very least, set it to Proactive Security with default settings - it should provide sufficient protection.
Yes. Already did set it to proactive. The other change I did was in auto-sandbox, I change the run virtually - urecognize to untrusted restriction.

Seems like an incredibly light and powerful config.

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Chrome x64:

Chrome://flags
-Enabled Appcontainer
-Enabled(all plugins) PPAPI Win32k Lockdown.

Tried this for a long while. No issues so far.

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Sophos is solid and very underrated.
Well, they just recently released a free product for Home users. So, it is a given that many people wouldn't know much about it.

I installed it on a family member's computer. And I think it's good I can control the settings from my own computer since that person doesn't know much about online security.

Though I would like if Sophos allowed me to change the settings without going to the online dashboard.

For example
On the online dashboard allow users to designate one computer as Admin, that computer would be allowed to change the Sophos Antivirus settings without requiring going online. However changing the settings on other computers would still require going to the online dashboard.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.