Last updated
Feb 12, 2021
How it's used?
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time security
F-Secure Safe 17.9
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
SysHardener Outbound Firewall settings; O&O Shutup 10, Microsoft Autoruns and Process Explorer. Firewall App Blocker to edit firewall rules.
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser; RogueKiller.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome: Browsing Protection by F-Secure, Malwarebytes Browser Guard, Privacy Badger; I don't care about cookies.
Edge: Browsing Protection by F-Secure, Malwarebytes Browser Guard,
Secure DNS
None
Desktop VPN
Windscribe Pro
Password manager
Keepass; Enpass.
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor, Privacy Eraser, Hibit Uninstaller ,Sumo, RuckZuk
File and Photo backup
Syncback, OneDrive, Google Drive and Google Photos;
Additional hard disk on my PC; external disk drives
System recovery
Macrium Reflect; internal and external disk drives
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Buying from online stores, entering banks card details
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Asus Vivo DC 431CD-K
Intel Core I.5 7400
Intel HD Graphics 630
DDR4 8GB
SSD Western Digital 250GB; Toshiba 2T
Notable changes
2021-02-12 Login security: I enabled a PIN
2021-02-03 Uninstall Privacy Badger in Edge
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Instead of password for Windows, you can increase your security with Windows Hello:

read why a PIN is more secure than password (thanks and only related to Windows Hello):

Back3

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Instead of password for Windows, you can increase your security with Windows Hello:

read why a PIN is more secure than password (thanks and only related to Windows Hello):
Thanks, I'll check that...

Back3

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Because less is more :D Is Privacy Badger needed next to Malwarebytes Browser Guard?
I went to pcmag.com and clicked on a link. Malwarebytes blocked 28 items and Badger 27. I checked everything that was blocked. 18 items were blocked by both but many of them were stopped by one or the other. So I think they complement each other nicely.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I went to pcmag.com and clicked on a link. Malwarebytes blocked 28 items and Badger 27. I checked everything that was blocked. 18 items were blocked by both but many of them were stopped by one or the other. So I think they complement each other nicely.
Is Edge's built in tracking protection enabled? MBG + built in tracking protection (set to strict) should actually be enough protection. If you wan't to block even more consider using a DNS provider like NextDNS or Adguard DNS.

Back3

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Is Edge's built in tracking protection enabled? MBG + built in tracking protection (set to strict) should actually be enough protection. If you wan't to block even more consider using a DNS provider like NextDNS or Adguard DNS.
I checked my pcmag link in Chrome. But I think you're right on Edge: I will uninstall Badger in this browser. Built-in protection should be enough. Thanks.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I checked my pcmag link in Chrome. But I think you're right on Edge: I will uninstall Badger in this browser. Built-in protection should be enough. Thanks.
Chrome doesn't have any tracking protection built in so I understand that you want to use both extensions there. After all I'm not a fan of having multiple extensions for the same purpose. I will just say it again: Check out NextDNS, I think you won't regret using it.

Back3

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I have 20 preferred websites. Whenever I go outside, I enable Windscribe Pro which has R.O.B.E.R.T that is an advanced DNS and IP level blocker. Everything works well.

Reactions: ZeePriest and Kongo

sirius777

Level 2
Oct 24, 2019
Really nice config imo! :)
What do you need Chrome for tho? Edge is based on chromium, has the same extension pool and is basically just the more private version of Chrome.
More browsers = bigger attack surface
Browser compartmentalization

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.