Question Backup Extensions, Bookmarks and Speed Dials

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
How can I backup my Extensions, Bookmarks and Speed Dials in Opera Browser?

Yesterday I tried using Hekasoft Backup & Restore, and it didn't work (I have re-installed Windows 11), the synchronization helps in backing up the bookmarks and recovering them by logging in again by synchronizing my new device (a laptop), but otherwise I can't find any way to do it.

Is there any way to back up and recover them? :unsure:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you not able to extract any other data from the backup you made using third-party software?
the synchronization helps in backing up the bookmarks and recovering them by logging in again by synchronizing my new device (a laptop), but otherwise I can't find any way to do it.

Are you saying Opera account Sync failed?
Opera synchronizes bookmarks, open tabs, Speed Dial shortcuts, and more from all of your devices. It merges bookmarks from each device you sign in with, remembers which tabs you have open on each device, and lets you access the Speed Dial start pages of your devices, anywhere. Opera for computers and Opera for Android users can sync passwords for websites between the two devices.
Source: Frequently-asked questions for Opera accounts

Another method is to manually copy your profile path folder and export bookmarks as a html to the cloud, or external backup drive.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Are you not able to extract any other data from the backup you made using third-party software?
Unzipping and pasting the folders (from Hekasoft Backup & Restore backup) in the new profile doesn't work, extensions and its settings don't appear in the new installation.
Are you saying Opera account Sync failed?
Settings and bookmarks are there, but Speed Dials are broken because shows blank icons, shortcut it's working but the icon/image attached to speed dial doesn't appear.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Settings and bookmarks are there, but Speed Dials are broken because shows blank icons, shortcut it's working but the icon/image attached to speed dial doesn't appear.
I guess your using the latest stable and when their " One " version recent was introduced, speed dials became a mess and extra much the added/attached images. Today it's a bit better, but if you can't see the icon/images at all, you might need to check out and decide about the built-in recovery option:

It's always important after a recovery or re-install with a extra connection test to the Opera account.

Unzipping and pasting the folders (from Hekasoft Backup & Restore backup) in the new profile doesn't work, extensions and its settings don't appear in the new installation.
Have no actual experience in using a 3rd party backup tool specific for Opera alone, because the basic built-in sync feature always worked good enough. That backup tool looks compatible, but if it don't work, maybe someone else used it and can help.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.