Backup profiles browsers and mail clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmer

Thread author
May 10, 2011
Often when a new installation of the system we are forced to re-configure our browsers and mail clients. On the need to install new extensions, import your bookmarks, contacts, email, browser settings. To avoid this, you can use programs that do a backup and then restore it if necessary. The first such program is MozBackup, which makes a backup of profiles Mozilii, Firefox browser, mail client Thunderbird, and Netscape. The program allows you to create copies of the e-mail, bookmarks, contacts. The program is a totally free.
http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

04.png

Another such program is the one I use FavBackup.
supports browsers such as:
-Internet Explorer
-Firefox
-Opera
-Safari
-Google Chrome
-Flock
http://www.favbrowser.com/backup/

favbackup201.gif

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Thanks for sharing, Farmer. I used MozBackup in the past. Currently I use LastPass and XMarks to store/sync passwords & bookmarks across all browsers.

Farmer

Thread author
May 10, 2011
I am because of this that I use Thunderbird and Firefox profiles to copy and use MozBackup to IE FavBackup. For passwords I use 1Password

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Nice....I don't think I will try this one... the reason... I use Chrome and I've exported my bookmarks...saved them in a folder on my email.......When I need them I can just download and then import... :D
Apart from the bookmarks I don't need anything saved...... so...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I know MozBackup as I used for my backup in Firefox and very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.