Backup software information

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJCSTR

Thread author
Mar 15, 2016
I installed Aomei backupper, Macrium Reflect 6.1, Paragon Backup and Restore 14, and EaseUS TODO latest version on the same machine and did backups with all of them - using the default settings on a drive with 119GB used using USB 2.0.

Some random thoughts (very unscientific)

Aomei produced the smallest backup file 55GB, TODO the largest about 90GB.

Paragon took the longest 3.5 - 4 hrs. There rest took 2-3 hrs

Macrium was the only one that did not have an option to create Linux restore media.

Paragon had the most clumsy interface I thought and it split the image up into several files. This was my least favorite.

I was able to mount the Aomei and Macrium backups and view the files in windows.

I am concerned that Aomei and TODO are Chinese products though they were probably the easiest to use.

If Macrium had the ability to create a Linux backup, it would be my hands down favorite though for me it still edges out Aomei and TODO for me because I can't get past the China thing.

I did not do any restores.

AJCSTR

Thread author
Mar 15, 2016
Aomei produced the smallest backup file 55GB, TODO the largest about 90GB.

Sorry - was incorrect... Here are the backup sizes:

Aomei - 71 GB
Todo - 94 GB
Paragon - 75 GB - 20 files

I did not backup this machine with Macrium - I used that on another PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.