L0ckJaw

Level 7
Verified
After 3 reinstalls of G-Data is suddenly my license expired ( its valid til 03-2019 ) but i can not active it again.
Send a email to the support and all they keep saying is, please reinstall the product. Wel after 4 times i give up.
Unskilled support employees there. Did NOT expect that. And also no Forum for support.

To be honest i like their software but the Helpdesk sucks.

L0ckJaw

Level 7
Verified
This is fixed. You need to update the definitions after reinstall. that way the license will be activated.

Reactions: CyberTech

Slyguy

Level 40
Basically, if you reinstall it doesn't login to your account until you update it, and sometimes it requires a reboot. Once this process is completed your account will be re-tied to the installation.

Also, G Data has poor email support but VERY GOOD voice support. That number is: 844-257-6050

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

@L0ckJaw Glad you sorted out your license problem, and you are somewhat right, you need patience when dealing with G Data support, they answer e-mail support requests eventually, just not as fast as you expect them to, like an Emsisoft or Heimdal. G Data thinks that it's not efficient to run an official support forum. Other day, try to call G Data 24/7 phone support, you will change your mind about them being unprofessional/unskilled employes. :giggle:

Slyguy

Level 40
@L0ckJaw Glad you sorted out your license problem, and you are somewhat right, you need patience when dealing with G Data support, they answer e-mail support requests eventually, just not as fast as you expect them to, like an Emsisoft or Heimdal. G Data thinks that it's not efficient to run an official support forum. Other day, try to call G Data 24/7 phone support, you will change your mind about them being unprofessional/unskilled employes. :giggle:
I called G Data one night at 12:30AM. Got a strong German accent guy on the phone. We ended up talking for a half hour about this or that, especially privacy, US and Israeli spying, etc..

So yeah, give them a call and it will change your mind. That 24/7 voice support is ridiculous.