Not open for further replies.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
After 3 reinstalls of G-Data is suddenly my license expired ( its valid til 03-2019 ) but i can not active it again.
Send a email to the support and all they keep saying is, please reinstall the product. Wel after 4 times i give up.
Unskilled support employees there. Did NOT expect that. And also no Forum for support.

To be honest i like their software but the Helpdesk sucks.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Never gonna renew my license there. Im done with them

Reactions: ZeroDay

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
This is fixed. You need to update the definitions after reinstall. that way the license will be activated.

Reactions: CyberTech
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Basically, if you reinstall it doesn't login to your account until you update it, and sometimes it requires a reboot. Once this process is completed your account will be re-tied to the installation.

Also, G Data has poor email support but VERY GOOD voice support. That number is: 844-257-6050

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

@L0ckJaw Glad you sorted out your license problem, and you are somewhat right, you need patience when dealing with G Data support, they answer e-mail support requests eventually, just not as fast as you expect them to, like an Emsisoft or Heimdal. G Data thinks that it's not efficient to run an official support forum. Other day, try to call G Data 24/7 phone support, you will change your mind about them being unprofessional/unskilled employes. :giggle:

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

@L0ckJaw Glad you sorted out your license problem, and you are somewhat right, you need patience when dealing with G Data support, they answer e-mail support requests eventually, just not as fast as you expect them to, like an Emsisoft or Heimdal. G Data thinks that it's not efficient to run an official support forum. Other day, try to call G Data 24/7 phone support, you will change your mind about them being unprofessional/unskilled employes. :giggle:

I called G Data one night at 12:30AM. Got a strong German accent guy on the phone. We ended up talking for a half hour about this or that, especially privacy, US and Israeli spying, etc..

So yeah, give them a call and it will change your mind. That 24/7 voice support is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.