• Light on System
CONS
• Not Well at Blocking Web Links
BOTTOM LINE
According to my testing’s, Baidu has done a good job. They
Still need to improve the web blocking in order to be great
Because web blocking is important. I will still recommend
Baidu to users. I would suggest users to use a toolbar like
McAfee since Web blocking is not all that great.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why do you recommend a Toolbar such as McAfee SiteAdvisor?

How about a simple, easy to use, browser extension? For example: Bitdefender TrafficLight or Avira Browser Safety (currently in beta).

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013

How about a simple, easy to use, browser extension? For example: Bitdefender TrafficLight or Avira Browser Safety (currently in beta).
McAfee is easy, you just install the free version and your done. Its a quick install. The reason I recommend it is because if you watch videos on youtube by malware doctor, McAfee did a lot better job. Or you can watch any video you want and you will see the results.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Don't forget to tell others than McAfee installs to the PC and runs background processes. Other browser extensions can do a better job, without changing browser settings.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
McAfee SiteAdvisor - many false positive) too paranoid;)

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013

just letting you guys know that you can sua
Don't forget to tell others than McAfee installs to the PC and runs background processes. Other browser extensions can do a better job, without changing browser settings.

I respect what you are saying, but it is only around 3 mb. The extension I am using for my opera browser is called Adguard, it is meant for blocking pop ups, which is doing a great job, but the funny thing is that it blocks a lot of malicious sites.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
McAfee SiteAdvisor - many false positive) too paranoid;)

That is true, but i would rather have false positives then have an antivirus miss a link!lol
Like i said, it was a suggestion, I don't want to force people to use the things that i like.
I had a guy at micro center tell me, "no matter what antivirus or combos you have to protect you, you will always get infected. There is no such thing as an antivirus that is perfect." I just wanted to throw that out there:D

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
You can add Webroot Reputation Toolbar (Chrome & Firefox)
http://brightcloud.com/wrtoolbar.php
2dkfbwj32k.jpg

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.