Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Hello friends,

You notice that Baidu Antivirus has a high fp (false positive) rate. The fix is in the Baidu Engine, you just need to set the "detection" to low from normal.

For this you need to go:
Settings > Engine Options > Low (here you set from normal to low).

This Engine Options (Low, Normal, High), it is the "heuristic sensitivity". This option was tested by me for more then 2 weeks with clean software that was detected as "malware".

I hope it helps :)

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
he meant to low, from normal. so from normal to low. but im sure u know it alrdy before. :)

Reactions: Kate_L

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
he meant to low, from normal. so from normal to low. but im sure u know it alrdy before. :)
I was also betting lightly on the possibility that you found an odd bug. But I thought you had confused it, it happens. :)

Y

yigido

Hello friends,

You notice that Baidu Antivirus has a high fp (false positive) rate. The fix is in the Baidu Engine, you just need to set the "detection" to low from normal.

For this you need to go:

This Engine Options (Low, Normal, High), it is the "heuristic sensitivity". This option was tested by me for more then 2 weeks with clean software that was detected as "malware".

Good point. It is valid for every Antivirus product to decrease FP's.
But it can decrease the detection rate against new malwares, I think.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hello friends,

For this you need to go:

From low to normal heuristics to reduce FPs?? What sorcery is this?

Good point. It is valid for every Antivirus product to decrease FP's.
But it can decrease the detection rate against new malwares, I think.
"This Engine Options (Low, Normal, High), it is the "heuristic sensitivity""It's right~
The default level is "normal".
If Baidu Antivirus has some false positives and you have already submitted but do not get any reply for a long time, you can just email the file to me~I' ll persuade them to process it at once:D
My email:524186683@qq.com
If you have any other question about Baidu Antivirus.Just quote me~

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.