Not open for further replies.

CNJJ

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
BAIDU ANTIVIRUS IS A FALSE?

Hello
A few days ago I installed the Antivirus Baidu vers.4; but to make a scanner with my protection system I detect the following threats, so i had to uninstall immediately. I had already read in some page that regard it as dangerous and advised immediate uninstall endangering our PC.

Threats detected:
Threat Name: BaiduBar
Threat Type: Adware
Threat Category: Toolbar
Risk Level: Elevated
Threat found at Thursday, May 8, 2014 2:07:10

Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ BAIDU \ CommonDll \ Splitupload \ bav \ DllVersion_2.0 1
Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ BAIDU -1
Registry HKEY_USERS \. DEFAULT \ SOFTWARE \ BAIDU \ Application Bug \ Bav \ log \ BavSvc.exe \ Times 4
Registry HKEY_USERS \. DEFAULT \ SOFTWARE \ BAIDU \ Application Bug \ Bav \ log \ BavSvc.exe \ Ticks 11
Registry HKEY_USERS \. DEFAULT \ SOFTWARE \ BAIDU -1

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
What made the detection? Baidu bar by some AV and scanners is adware. Meaning it might be unwanted application but shouldn't be malicious.

Reactions: Malware1

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Well,could you tell me the name of the scanner you used.
I have seen the report you uploaded.Maybe this scanner may judge Baidu Antivirus as an adware just because of registry key of "Baidu".

Reactions: Malware1

CNJJ

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Perdon por no mencionar el scanner:
El nombre es Unthreat Antivirus vers. 6

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Perdon por no mencionar el scanner:
El nombre es Unthreat Antivirus vers. 6
In my opinion,this detection is false positive,Baidu Bar and Baidu Antivirus are two different things.
Well,due to personal reasons,I have no time to do the test.

Last edited:

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
baidu is good
trust port said its not threat!
bitdefender and MSE is too :)

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Baidu is one of the biggest AV vendors in China, next to Qihoo and Tencent. If anything, they're not fake. :)

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Don't remember the file name. Just uninstall Baidu and run a scan with Q360. No other scanner flagged it...it may just be a bit of a war between those two. Baidu did leave behind several drivers, too.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It is just a false positive, Baidu and Qihu are competitors they have been detecting each others files where awhile now as a way to limit competition. It is a dirty trick but in China is accepted.

Thanks. :D

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Don't remember the file name. Just uninstall Baidu and run a scan with Q360. No other scanner flagged it...it may just be a bit of a war between those two. Baidu did leave behind several drivers, too.
Well,the driver which Baidu antivirus left will not load to the system.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
It is just a false positive, Baidu and Qihu are competitors they have been detecting each others files where awhile now as a way to limit competition. It is a dirty trick but in China is accepted.

Thanks. :D
You're right.The competition environment in China is much different from the other countries';)

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.