Baidu Spark, A Chromium Browser

Whats your opinion on the Baidu Spark Browser?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Well to each their own of course, but personally i think it is sad to say that you do not like the entire browser just because it is not the same current engine as Google Chrome. Yandex is a great browser in my opinion because i tried it out, and saw that i liked it more then any other browser i have tried in the past. ( Including Google Chrome. )

But as i mentioned already to each their own. :)
Older code may be vulnerable.

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Older code may be vulnerable.

I am well aware of that, but i also use CIS and i also use other methods...like running any internet going program ( So Yandex included. ) through EMET. Just because a browser is a bit behind with the engine does not mean it is not a good and safe browser to use. I wish people would stop thinking like that, it just keeps other good/great browser unknown just because every one swears with the big named browsers.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
This Chinese browser called 'Baidu Spark Browser' is not new - not the newest and best (another Baidu link: http://en.browser.baidu.com/ - WOT says OK.) ..
WOT Reputation of sparkbrowser.com : https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/sparkbrowser.com - says BAD of it ..
- read comments:
'scam site' ..
'It's based on Chromium not Chrome. Yes there is a difference. "Who would be stupid enough to pay for this browser?" There are people stupid enough to do this. Just someone thought It would be cool to mess with Chromiums source. + What others say.'
'Very bad security, many untrue claims made by the creator plus many false testimonials.'
'A browser that's not only very incompetently made, but it also allows them to track your activity in the usage terms and is just bad in overall.'

Another link with the description of this Chinese Baidu browser: http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/download/Spark_Browser.html

---------------------------

- but it's NOT this same as USA browser called Sparkbrowser: http://sparkbrowser.com/ - from US this one.

Last edited:

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Yes ..many times if unisntall Spark due to translation problem mainly on the latest version..i guess
they heard me because at the first attempt to uninstall Spark they ask what reason to uninsatlled.
btw thanks for update i will participate to tried the new sparksecurity, sorry rumors there is Spyware included.
SparkSafe_Setup_all.exe all it's mean languages file size: 37.96MB

sparksecuritybrowser.png

Last edited:

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
this is my SparkSecurity browser more faster at startup..version 26.5.9998.72,
Spark will auto Import your bookmark from IE BookMark fast Installation.
in this version seems more cool UI and have tab to set IE tools option... Enjoy.
Spark Security provide AD blocker..(Included). Translation has been removed..
On Installation Spark will change your Default Search Engine, If you're not fancy
simply reset back to your prefer..that's it. Enjoy. Please be note: watch whenever
new Updates ussually Spark will automatically update without permission.
we don't know now just wait if there are some updates.. Enjoy...
image.png

New tab Spark Security browser
image.png

image.png

Spark Security Torrent download
stor.png

Last edited:

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This Chinese browser called 'Baidu Spark Browser' is not new - not the newest and best (another Baidu link: http://en.browser.baidu.com/ - WOT says OK.) ..
WOT Reputation of sparkbrowser.com : https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/sparkbrowser.com - says BAD of it ..
- read comments:
'scam site' ..
'It's based on Chromium not Chrome. Yes there is a difference. "Who would be stupid enough to pay for this browser?" There are people stupid enough to do this. Just someone thought It would be cool to mess with Chromiums source. + What others say.'
'Very bad security, many untrue claims made by the creator plus many false testimonials.'
'A browser that's not only very incompetently made, but it also allows them to track your activity in the usage terms and is just bad in overall.'

Another link with the description of this Chinese Baidu browser: http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/download/Spark_Browser.html

---------------------------

- but it's NOT this same as USA browser called Sparkbrowser: http://sparkbrowser.com/ - from US this one.
this is my SparkSecurity browser more faster at startup..version 26.5.9998.72, Spark will auto Import your bookmark from IE BookMark fast Installation. will check other feature
in this version seems more cool UI and have tab to set IE tools option... Enjoy.
Spark Security provide AD blocker..(Included). Translation was removed..
image.png

New tab Spark Security browser
image.png

image.png
my main bowser for now

Last edited:

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
yes..your..opinion should be vote also..because Spark browser updates without permission..frankly..

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Threads have been merged, please read previous post replies to get the full picture of what you missed since the creation of new thread.

Enjoy!! :D

Domino 1

Aug 19, 2014
baidu-spark-browser-07-700x472.png

Spark Browser

A Browser based on Chromium with many features and an eye catching user interface!

Features:
Media Download
Download online video and MP3 sources to your computer.
Torrent Downloader based on Bittorrent
Download torrents directly from your browser. There’s no need for any other torrent download tools anymore!
Video Pop-up Player
Watch online videos while searching internet.
Mouse Gesture
You can use a number of functions right away simply by moving the mouse while holding the right-click.
Data sync
Log into Spark with your Google account to sync data. This lets you to save your personalized browser features on the web and use Spark to access them on any computer.
Skins
Use Skins to customize your browser look!

Hi,
I had installed the Spark browser, he is good but: there are no extensions?

It was said, the browser is based on Google Chrome.
All extensions and themes of Google Chrome would be applicable.
That's not true: It is not possible, I tried it!
Who wants to try it: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/apps

**why is this not possible?

**why Baidu has no extensions and themes for the browser?

**where there are extensions?

I have written several mails to baidu.
But they do not respond, those damn!

Thanks in advance for all answers!

Last edited:

Siraj

Level 2
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
Features

Pop-up video player

With Baidu Browser, you’ll never have to go searching through tabs to find what you were watching. Simply click Baidu Browser’s “Pop-up” button to open any Web video in its own window.

Media Downloader

Baidu Browser’s built-in Media Downloader lets you easily download video and audio directly to your computer, so you can put it on your phone or tablet and enjoy it again and again.

Browser doctor

The Internet isn’t perfect, and Baidu Browser is here to help. Our built-in Browser Doctor can quickly diagnose and fix common browsing problems, so you never have to waste time looking up solutions.

Open Recently Closed Tabs

Everyone knows the frustration of accidentally closing a tab. Baidu Browser makes your life that much easier with its Recently Closed Tabs button. Simply click the button to restore any tabs that you closed by mistake.

Full-Page Screenshots

A picture is worth 1,000 words. Effortlessly share your browsing images with friends and family using Baidu Browser’s screenshot button, without having to open up a photo editing program to crop the picture.

Drag and Drop

Want to open a specific picture or video in another tab? With Baidu Browser, it’s as simple as drag and drop.

Web URL:

http://en.browser.baidu.com/

* It also uses Google Chrome Engine and we can also download addon/extension/apps from Google App Store...

How to Download Apps/Extensions from Google Apps Store:

V0fjKby.png

How to Integrate Baidu Spark with Internet Download Manager (IDM)

TFeVfMs.png

Siraj

Level 2
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
It's probably using an outdated version of chrome just like many of other chineese chrome forks.

If you have problems while downloading extensions/apps from Google App Store, then follow these steps:

Go to your Right Handside of Badu Browser, Click on Menu Bar (3 lines showing) and go to Bookmark and enable Book Mark Bar by clicking on "Show Bookmark Bar" and then follow screenshot..
V0fjKby.png

and its is working Better than original Google Chrome too, In Facebook, sometime chrome failed to show images of posts..

Last edited:

Siraj

Level 2
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
I would not recoment any product from Baidu. They use adware/rough tactics to install other protucts etc. i would never trust baidu.

Dear ! 360 and Baidu are popular Chinese products.

I had checked their products, Browser, antivirus and etc, Both of them are trusted..

But my favourite antivirus is from other company, and both companies web browser are using Google Chrome engine, but their features are different, their antiviruses have engine from avira and bitdefender..

I am currently using Baidu Browser, in past my favourite was Firefox for many years and then Google chrome and now Baidu...

360 and Baidu products are using millions of people...

Its your choice to use them are not..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.