Baidu Spark, A Chromium Browser

Whats your opinion on the Baidu Spark Browser?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Features

Pop-up video player

With Baidu Browser, you’ll never have to go searching through tabs to find what you were watching. Simply click Baidu Browser’s “Pop-up” button to open any Web video in its own window.

Media Downloader

Baidu Browser’s built-in Media Downloader lets you easily download video and audio directly to your computer, so you can put it on your phone or tablet and enjoy it again and again.

Browser doctor

The Internet isn’t perfect, and Baidu Browser is here to help. Our built-in Browser Doctor can quickly diagnose and fix common browsing problems, so you never have to waste time looking up solutions.

Open Recently Closed Tabs

Everyone knows the frustration of accidentally closing a tab. Baidu Browser makes your life that much easier with its Recently Closed Tabs button. Simply click the button to restore any tabs that you closed by mistake.

Full-Page Screenshots

A picture is worth 1,000 words. Effortlessly share your browsing images with friends and family using Baidu Browser’s screenshot button, without having to open up a photo editing program to crop the picture.

Drag and Drop

Want to open a specific picture or video in another tab? With Baidu Browser, it’s as simple as drag and drop.

Web URL:

http://en.browser.baidu.com/

* It also uses Google Chrome Engine and we can also download addon/extension/apps from Google App Store...

How to Download Apps/Extensions from Google Apps Store:

V0fjKby.png

How to Integrate Baidu Spark with Internet Download Manager (IDM)

TFeVfMs.png

Another version of this browser-
http://sparksecurity.baidu.com/

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Dear ! 360 and Baidu are popular Chinese products.

I had checked their products, Browser, antivirus and etc, Both of them are trusted..

But my favourite antivirus is from other company, and both companies web browser are using Google Chrome engine, but their features are different, their antiviruses have engine from avira and bitdefender..

I am currently using Baidu Browser, in past my favourite was Firefox for many years and then Google chrome and now Baidu...

360 and Baidu products are using millions of people...

Its your choice to use them are not..
if millions of users use a product dosnt make it safe or respectful. Qihoo is a bad company as well just use google and look what all they have done in the past. Last one was cheating in av-test with a changed product. thats not the only bad thing,there are way more bad things qihoo have done. and from baidu,i dont even start what they are doing,how they bundle there products like pups/pua/adware crap,spy on there users(same as qihoo does) try to uninstall other softwares from other vendors(chinese versions only) etc etc the list goes on and goes on. but sure,if u want to use a product from a company like baidu/qihoo,u can do it.

Another version of this browser-
http://sparksecurity.baidu.com/
i read somewhere that this is an old version and international users should use the normal browser instead. i tested this browser sometimes ago and it was funny to see.. there was a option to click something like"secure your Browser" or something similar. i clicked it and what happend? it downloaded and installed baidu antivirus without any warning or something,lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Enju and Kent

Siraj

Level 2
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
if millions of users use a product dosnt make it safe or respectful. Qihoo is a bad company as well just use google and look what all they have done in the past. Last one was cheating in av-test with a changed product. thats not the only bad thing,there are way more bad things qihoo have done. and from baidu,i dont even start what they are doing,how they bundle there products like pups/pua/adware crap,spy on there users(same as qihoo does) try to uninstall other softwares from other vendors(chinese versions only) etc etc the list goes on and goes on. but sure,if u want to use a product from a company like baidu/qihoo,u can do it.

av-test ? they are paid test... You yourself should download viruses from this forum and test them with all anti viruses...in these test Eset will be no.1 with less False-Positive.While in those sites other useless av.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I don't have nothing against companies trying to make a good browser from Chromium source. But in terms of security holes, patching them, security features, and in fact everything that is a lot more important than plugins for handling media like videos and music in browsers, and other unessential mumbo-jumbo, only browser that can go near to Google Chrome is Opera.

Some Chrome forks are outdated for more than 2 months or 3-4 versions from original Chromium releases. That's enough to hear

Reactions: Kent and Enju

Siraj

Level 2
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
Proof?

Images load fine in Chrome.

I say sometime, but not now, sometime there is no pics , instead there only icons (same as icons of videos without flashplayer).

when i face same problem again, i will upload screenshot.

Siraj

Level 2
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
I don't have nothing against for companies trying to make a good browser from Chromium source. But in terms of security holes, patching them, security features, and in fact everything that is a lot more important than plugins for handling media like videos and music in browsers, and other unessential mumbo-jumbo, only browser that can go near to Google Chrome is Opera.

Some Chrome forks are outdated for more than 2 months or 3-4 versions from original Chromium releases. That's enough to hear

May be you right, but i think opera does not support Google Apps Store, i used opera in Past only a month and donot find it best, but i found opera best in days of Dial-up connection (50kb/s Page open speed) in 10 years ago approx. in my country, it gives 7-10kb/s download speed of files, even IDM speed was 2-4kb/s..

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
but i think opera does not support Google Apps Store
No, it doesn't. But it has Opera Add-ons which has pretty much every popular extension (or good alternative) that Chrome App Store has.

Reactions: Kent

ramonjosegn

Level 1
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
May be you right, but i think opera does not support Google Apps Store, i used opera in Past only a month and donot find it best, but i found opera best in days of Dial-up connection (50kb/s Page open speed) in 10 years ago approx. in my country, it gives 7-10kb/s download speed of files, even IDM speed was 2-4kb/s..

Really you can use the Chrome extension with Opera, only need install this Opera extension and after you can install a lot of Chrome extensions @BoraMurdar

Extensión Download Chrome Extension - Complementos de Opera
https://addons.opera.com/es/extensions/details/download-chrome-extension-9/?display=en

Descripción
Thanks to this extension you will be able to download and install extensions from Google Chrome Web Store directly in your Opera browser.

This extension allows to install ONLY extensions...

Reactions: BoraMurdar

Siraj

Level 2
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
I say sometime, but not now, sometime there is no pics , instead there only icons (same as icons of videos without flashplayer).

when i face same problem again, i will upload screenshot.

This is Proof, now it is not showing profile images/pic , sometime Chrome doesnot show Post images of pages and etc

r4Pj7Pr.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Siraj : That's a pretty common issue which happen for some reason including Google Chrome browser; the best thing is to clear browsing history (use private browsing instead) or reset your internet connection or observe within few days which will back unusual.

shak

Aug 31, 2017
Sorry for bumping up this old thread , but i have thried the Baidu browser and honsetly is blazing fast. Faster than MxNitro.

However it always crashes after about 1 minutes , don't know why. Was just wondering if others also have this issue and if they somehow fixed it? I'm using Windows 10

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.