Basilisk Web Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
vasevase post on msfn.org here: My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon for XP
"Breaking news, everyone! Seems the dude Tolyasho from our russian-speaking forum have found the anti-freeze solution for YouTube video: about:config -> switch layers.low-precision-buffer to "True". It works fine for me (tested with PaleMoon v27.8.0a1 (32-bit) (2018-02-24)."

...and the next post by trevmar :
"Yea!

Thank goodness that bug is fixed for both PaleMoon and Basilisk! Thanks Tolyasho and vasevase
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
And thanks to Roytam for all the wonderful software you have shared with us!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

I did this in Firefox 52.6.0, PaleMoon (NewMoon) and Basilisk (Nightly = Firefox 55), results are as expected, no more freezes/lagging on YouTube!
Try this YouTube anti-lag solution in other browsers and get the impressions...
(and disable Aero themes in your Windows - this helps too).

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
New build of Basilisk (Nightly) by roytam1 from his latest post here: My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon for XP

Win32 http://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/basilisk55-win32-git-20180324-b1202e094-xpmod.7z
Win64 http://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/basilisk55-win64-git-20180324-b1202e094-xpmod.7z

- so I rename my new desktop icon to "NIGHTLY 20180324-b12.."

This build works good here
- contrary to build from precedent roytam1 post... ( which stopped the support for some add-ons, like Policy Control, Privacy Defense, Whitelist JavaScript, sadly) - like precedent builds it's synced to your precedent build (syncing like Firefox ESR channel), so you have your all add-ons and bookmarks from your precedent build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.