[Battle] Malwarebytes 2 PRO vs Trojan Killer (Manzaitest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Product name
Malwarebytes 2 PRO vs Trojan Killer
Pros
  • Malwarebytes : Good detection, light on the system

Trojan Killer : Good detection, Light, nice Interface
CONS
Malwarebytes : Left 2 malwares in memory, UI is slow

Trojan Killer : Trial limited (No delete the files ! ) , PC infected with DarkComet

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Also, Trojan Killer, can not block CryptoLocker!
Malwarebytes Anti-Mlaware
find and clean most of CryptoLocker.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: user and Manzai

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Namo AV ? Useless, he use ClamAV engine :D

Please elaborate how the ClamAV engine is useless?

The only thing I see as useless, is the end-user behind the computer screen downloading unknown software and in attempt to get a PC infected. Then bashing the product because they were infected, without understanding why.

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
I experience occasional clumsiness/freezing with the UI of MBAM as well, unfortunately. It's still not completely stable.

The 1.75 UI looked a lot more robust and it rarely froze.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
It's not a rogueware, it's another application like SpyHunter.

It's useless because it doesn't detect anything.

Also, Trojan Killer, can not block CryptoLocker!
Malwarebytes Anti-Mlaware
find and clean most of CryptoLocker.:)
Trojan Killer probably cleans most Cryptolocker samples too, I think they already copied the detections :)

M

Manzai

Thread author

The only thing I see as useless, is the end-user behind the computer screen downloading unknown software and in attempt to get a PC infected. Then bashing the product because they were infected, without understanding why.

ClamAV engine : Very very very very bad detection, ClamAV does not detect new and old malware

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It's not a rogueware, it's another application like SpyHunter.
Both are rogueware, they display fake detections to make users believe that they are infected to promote sales.
Neither offers free removal so you have to buy, after you buy the products and rescan these fake results seems to vanish from your system. That is what I call rogueware.

Enjoy!! :D

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Both are rogueware, they display fake detections to make users believe that they are infected to promote sales.
Neither offers free removal so you have to buy, after you buy the products and rescan these fake results seems to vanish from your system. That is what I call rogueware.

They don't display fake detections, can you give me an example?

Reactions: nissimezra and user

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
They don't display fake detections, can you give me an example?
You would actually have to buy the products to see what I mean, many of my customers fell victims to their scams.
The trial version will displays detections and prompt the user to buy, after they enter the license code the scan result disappear and then they have to do a new scan, then the previous detections that prompted the user to buy just vanish without trace.

This has been reported by others users as well if you Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.