Bayu Config

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hello thanks for sharing your software configuration. I am skeptic with your antivirus/realtime protection, do you use two realtime antiviruses(Panda & Kompas) for your PC? Or is it on different machines?

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
@Purshu_Pro

According this thread: Kompas Antivirus , I think Kompas could be used as a companion antivirus.
Work alongside existing with other antivirus software without any conflicts.

I have not tried it, but if it is properly designed to be a companion antivirus, I think it would be OK to use Panda and Kompas together :)

@Bayu

It is often mentioned in this forum that Advanced System Care may not be a good opinion when you need a system optimization tool.

Its optimization function is too aggressive, which could influence the stability of the system.

It is also mentioned by some users that the background service of it, called AdvancedSystemCareService, will use much CPU resource.

In my opinion, CCleaner should be a better opinion. I am using it and I find it safe to use.

Similar to CCleaner, Kerish Doctor is also spoken highly of by the users. So I think it should also be a good software in this field, though I have not used it ever.

L

LabZero

@Bayu

Well, you have just finished cleaning up your infected PC and you play with malware.
Of course, if you don't use a virtual environment for testing malware ...these are the results.:)
So you consider a VM or at least Shadow Defender to protect your PC and the data it contains, no antivirus can guarantee the inviolability of your system!
Also consider a backup and recovery plan.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Your configuration is great overall. However, I would recommend that you try a virtual machine application (such as VMware or VirtualBox) for testing malware samples (like @Klipsh suggested above).

Also (like @frogboy suggested), since most of the times it's not enough to simply backup individual important files locally (e.g. an external HDD) or online (e.g. a cloud storage service), you may consider the following system imaging software for creating full system images which allow you restore the exact state of your system, as it was when you backed it up:
OR
Obviously, backing up your system can also be helpful if your system is overwhelmed with malware - you can simply restore the clean state of your system from the backup image you had created.

Thanks for sharing your configuration with us! :p

H

hjlbx

Malware testing requires a light virtualization solution. I recommend either Shadow Defender or Sandboxie. Even if you do not test malwares, you really should add virtualization to your config to protect they physical system against persistent infection.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
looks alright to me but I think you should maybe add a cloud based second opinion scanner like Hitman Pro or Zemana Antimalware. Also if you have important documents you should maybe back them up on with a cloud based service like One drive because there are a lot of free options, well that's what I do.

Reactions: Online_Sword

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Set UAC to always notify
Whether basic knowledge or advanced a VM is a very good idea when playing with malware.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.