Advice Request bdservicehost (Bitdefender Virus Shield) uses too much cpu

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
This morning "bdservicehost (Bitdefender Virus Shield") started to use too much cpu ~30% permanently for 4 hours and until now.

1.PNG

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I agree with @SecureKongo . You should contact the support as that CPU loading for that many hours is for sure a sign of an issue.

Btw, you don't seem to be alone having similar problem. A reboot as said might hopefully help.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
  • What were you doing on your PC during those 4 hours?
  • Did you have any other third-party software running in the background (ie. Steam)?
  • Did you notice any Microsoft processes running ie. TrustedInstaller?

If problems persist after a system restart, contact support.

Bitdefender customers are entitled to use their 24/7 technical customer services.

Cross-post found: bdservicehost (Bitdefender Virus Shield) uses too much cpu

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Thanks for your answers.
@SecureKongo , you are right , the only solution I found is to reboot my PC and after 24 hours the problem did not reappear.
@upnorth , yes ! many BD users have the same issue.
@Spawn , I was working like every days. No other third-party software running in the background . I don't know for TrustedInstaller ? I'm the poster of bdservicehost (Bitdefender Virus Shield) uses too much cpu
@fabiobr , yes me too I think that BD is lighter than Kaspersky. After reboot this issue seems to be solved but in case of too frequent recurrence I will seriously consider replacing BD by Kaspersky.

NB: the only important change is the new version 25.0.3.24 thursday Aug 27 and the issue appeared friday Aug 28 , but but after the installation of the new version a reboot was necessary and I made it.

MegenM

Level 3
Well-known
Jun 8, 2020
It once happened to me on the 2020 version. The issue was resolved with a reboot. On the 2021 / Build 25, I enabled Profiles and I am not noticing any spike while in idle. The usage keeps fluctuating from 0% - 0.5% with Memory constant at 357.2 MB.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
enabled Profiles and I am not noticing any spike while in idle
Same here. Enabling Automatic Profiles fixed all issue of this kind. More importantly, when one installs BD, they need to wait some hours after the installation before restarting their device. BD seems to be doing much after it gets installed. A full system scan is very important too (the first scan).

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Same here. Enabling Automatic Profiles fixed all issue of this kind. More importantly, when one installs BD, they need to wait some hours after the installation before restarting their device. BD seems to be doing much after it gets installed. A full system scan is very important too (the first scan).
Bitdefender did great in their 2021 version, but it is far from perfect. Moreover, it is not as light as they market it. I am leaving BD for now and I asked for a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.