Serious Discussion Be careful when using Norton after the end of free trial period

Norton
11 Replies 1,653 Views

Parkinsond

Level 67
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known

Norton360 acting like a Ransomware by adding files to quarentine, and requesting pay to reverse it​


I just got a pop-up from Norton360 askeing me to add a file to quarentine. I did. The game crashed. I went to reverse it, and turns out I can't because Norton360 won't let me even ... open the program whitout paying. The infuriating part is, the Free trial was already expired waay before this pop-up message. So it basically keept running and flaggin suspiscious files after the free trial ends, even knowing it will be locking them up behind a paywall, essentially a Ransomware.

 
It's unfortunate to hear about your experience. Norton should not behave like this after the trial period. It's recommended to contact Norton's customer support for assistance. You may also consider uninstalling Norton and using a different antivirus program.
 
It's unfortunate to hear about your experience. Norton should not behave like this after the trial period. It's recommended to contact Norton's customer support for assistance. You may also consider uninstalling Norton and using a different antivirus program.
It is not mine; it is a quouted text.
 
I'm not sure if this is possible, when trial ends the signature update stop not other AV functionality.
I have never used Norton since 2008, so I posted the situation here first to know if this is true by Norton users, and second to warn who do not know before getting their files locked behind quarantine.
 
This is the funniest post I've seen in a while.

If it's true, it has to be a bug. Norton doesn't offer real-time protection (necessary to detect a potentially malicious file and ask to quarantine it) if its license is expired.

Probably a troll or hate post.

But funny though, lol.
 
This is the funniest post I've seen in a while.

If it's true, it has to be a bug. Norton doesn't offer real-time protection (necessary to detect a potentially malicious file and ask to quarantine it) if its license is expired.

Probably a troll or hate post.

But funny though, lol.
I had the same thought, but as I stopped using Norton long time ago, I had to ask those who use if this is true.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top