E

Exorcizm

Thanks AyeAyeCaptain ! :) It is expensive :( haha but it's worth it!! :D

and yes i feel ivy bridge and 600 series kepler gpu will be great :D

Valentin N

Exorcizm said:
Thanks AyeAyeCaptain ! :) It is expensive :( haha but it's worth it!! :D

and yes i feel ivy bridge and 600 series kepler gpu will be great :D
ivy bridge should be 20% performance improvement per core compared to Sandy bridge so compared to you you should see a hole new level.

The gpu will be amazing. AMD should that their 29nm high-mind-range should for about the same amount of shaders as todays 6970 and the Watt-uses should be 100W

E

Exorcizm

Thats heaps mad Valentin N, i cannot wait :p I need to start saving!!!!!!!

Valentin N

Exorcizm said:
Thats heaps mad Valentin N, i cannot wait :p I need to start saving!!!!!!!
It is. AMD's 28nm will sell in feb (no launch). I suggest you wait for the Haswell; haswell cores give 20% better performance per cores and better gpu, as I surely mentioned. So you have time to save. ^^

E

Exorcizm

Wow, i also hear Ivy Bridge will be using 3D Transistors and have PCIe 3.0 support! :p Same with kepler apparently, going to be in for a treat :D

Valentin N

Exorcizm said:
Wow, i also hear Ivy Bridge will be using 3D Transistors and have PCIe 3.0 support! :p Same with kepler apparently, going to be in for a treat :D
It's crazy how fast the tech grows. my cpu in three years will surely be entry cpu at that time.

E

Exorcizm

I wouldn't be suprised, i do know Nvidias Maxwell will be out 2013/2014 and will have 16x the perf of 5xx series gpus :O:O:O!!

Ivy Bridge will come out first with a mainstream series, and then the E series, which everyone will be looking for, so dont go buy anything if you plan to straight away!

McLovin

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
I don't know why you want to upgrade, the computer you have at the moment is more then powerfull. :p

E

Exorcizm

McLovin said:
I don't know why you want to upgrade, the computer you have at the moment is more then powerfull. :p
It's a hobby to have the latest and greatest.

It's hard for people to even come close to understanding when you're struggling to even have a good computer considered *powerful*

Fact is some people always need to fill there craving for more power

I'm one of them people :)

Eiso

Exorcizm said:
MONITOR: Samsung S27A950D 27" 3D 120Hz
Oh, I have this monitor too. I've been through so many, and this one is a keeper. Amazing gaming monitor. Samsung f-t-w! ;)

Valentin N

could you say what voltage your cpu has now? I hope it will survive since you surpassed the recommend value.

If your current i7 goes to hell then i7-3930K is waiting for you for 500$; i7-3960 is to expensive in my eyes when i7-3930 performance the same for half of the price. normally this cpu is a Xeon cou with eight cores but intel choose to inactivate two cores.

pcjunklist

Level 1
If your using those Samsung Spinpoints for backups I would suggest changing to at least a raid 1. You always run the chance of losing everything if 1 has issues. Other than that, really nice setup and a case that can fit anything you throw at it for many future chip generations to come.