Thanks AyeAyeCaptain ! :) It is expensive :( haha but it's worth it!! :D

and yes i feel ivy bridge and 600 series kepler gpu will be great :D

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Thanks AyeAyeCaptain ! :) It is expensive :( haha but it's worth it!! :D

and yes i feel ivy bridge and 600 series kepler gpu will be great :D

ivy bridge should be 20% performance improvement per core compared to Sandy bridge so compared to you you should see a hole new level.

The gpu will be amazing. AMD should that their 29nm high-mind-range should for about the same amount of shaders as todays 6970 and the Watt-uses should be 100W

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Thats heaps mad Valentin N, i cannot wait :p I need to start saving!!!!!!!

It is. AMD's 28nm will sell in feb (no launch). I suggest you wait for the Haswell; haswell cores give 20% better performance per cores and better gpu, as I surely mentioned. So you have time to save. ^^

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Wow, i also hear Ivy Bridge will be using 3D Transistors and have PCIe 3.0 support! :p Same with kepler apparently, going to be in for a treat :D

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Wow, i also hear Ivy Bridge will be using 3D Transistors and have PCIe 3.0 support! :p Same with kepler apparently, going to be in for a treat :D

It's crazy how fast the tech grows. my cpu in three years will surely be entry cpu at that time.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
I wouldn't be suprised, i do know Nvidias Maxwell will be out 2013/2014 and will have 16x the perf of 5xx series gpus :O:O:O!!

Ivy Bridge will come out first with a mainstream series, and then the E series, which everyone will be looking for, so dont go buy anything if you plan to straight away!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I don't know why you want to upgrade, the computer you have at the moment is more then powerfull. :p

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
McLovin said:
I don't know why you want to upgrade, the computer you have at the moment is more then powerfull. :p

It's a hobby to have the latest and greatest.

It's hard for people to even come close to understanding when you're struggling to even have a good computer considered *powerful*

Fact is some people always need to fill there craving for more power

I'm one of them people :)

Eiso

Nov 25, 2011
Exorcizm said:
MONITOR: Samsung S27A950D 27" 3D 120Hz

Oh, I have this monitor too. I've been through so many, and this one is a keeper. Amazing gaming monitor. Samsung f-t-w! ;)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
could you say what voltage your cpu has now? I hope it will survive since you surpassed the recommend value.

If your current i7 goes to hell then i7-3930K is waiting for you for 500$; i7-3960 is to expensive in my eyes when i7-3930 performance the same for half of the price. normally this cpu is a Xeon cou with eight cores but intel choose to inactivate two cores.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
If your using those Samsung Spinpoints for backups I would suggest changing to at least a raid 1. You always run the chance of losing everything if 1 has issues. Other than that, really nice setup and a case that can fit anything you throw at it for many future chip generations to come.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.