Real-time security
Bullguard iternet security; Spyshelter; Winpatrol
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Anti-Waiware; Unhackme; Secure Hunter; Combofix
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google chrom;firefox; Slimjet; Opera bata(Surfeasy)
Maintenance tools
Wise 365; windows doctor; defraggler; abylon basic; Ashampoo privacy protector

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems all of your configuration layers are indeed sufficient, likely you need to follow a very simple setup to your login as been mentioned. ;)

Reactions: Sr. Normal
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

It's a good config, you have everything you basically need. MBAE is not mandatory but recommended. The one thing you need to do is add password login protection, (maybe that's why you're flagged at risk?) it's not so bad. If in the future you upgrade to Win 10 be sure to check out Picture password. :) You need just 2 browsers but it's up to you and i would keep just MBAM and add Zemana AM as 2nd opinion scanners.

Blackhawk

Level 3
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
My post is probably not worth it, but here it goes anyway...

I see other config posts where we all give opinions on what to add, what to remove, etc. and that IME has never been an issue that I have seen. I don't understand how this is any different. I am not the OP, but if I was I would want to hear both sides in one thread. I greatly appreciate input, different views, etc. on topics. Using two threads for this is, IMO, just making it inconvenient to follow. But, you do things as you want, that is your business.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Windows 7 doesn't have smartscreen feature, only 8.1 and above has it. Why do have multiple RT modules? Bullguard IS alone is more than enough.

Reactions: Beedy

Beedy

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 21, 2015
Windows 7 doesn't have smartscreen feature, only 8.1 and above has it. Why do have multiple RT modules? Bullguard IS alone is more than enough.
I'd read ur website, I like ur works..........you look great!
I'll ask many problem 4 u, May I?
Thanks again!:D

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I'd read ur website, I like ur works..........you look great!
I'll ask many problem 4 u, May I?
Thanks again!:D
You're welcome. Its not my website, I'm just a member just like here. You could ask anything and here at MT, there are more experienced users than me, so they'll help you out when i'm unable to help you.

Reactions: Rishi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.