Ben10 Security config

Ben10

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
If you download malware i would suggest you use some virtualization software. ;)

Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you for your suggestion i hope avast with hardened mode & HIPS enabled + Windows standard user login will do the needful anyway i am not executing any malware samples:)

Reactions: frogboy

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
i am not executing any malware samples

An experienced malware hunter in this forum (sorry, I forget his ID...) ever mentioned that in the past, he once executed a large number of viruses by mistake when he moved malware samples between his devices.

I think we may also make such mistake when we play with malwares, although we believe that we will never execute the malware samples.

So, in my opinion, I think it would be a good try to use a virtual machine when we play with the malwares. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

frogboy said:
If you download malware i would suggest you use some virtualization software. ;)

i second that

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
I was also fan of ben10 once, now I like dragon ball super :D

Apart, awesome configuration :) check out doctor kerish, running it once, two to three weeks makes my system really smooth :')

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben10
L

LabZero

Nice gonfig.:)

I don't want to be boring but, as said by other members, it is necessary to create a virtualized environment if you play with malware,
Do not run malware doesn't mean working safely because personally I involuntarily started a malware after extraction and fortunately Shadow Mode was active.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Well, I think it is a very good configuration, light, simple, but very efficient, congrats!!

Only a little tip: install also PrivaZer, which works really good among with CCleaner, and then, choose also a second browser.

Thanks for sharing it, @Ben10 ;)

Reactions: Ben10

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far so good to your configuration, all layers covered especially on demand scanners.

You may consider to have a backup program to create system image snapshot (3rd party) or use the built in from Windows.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Any suggestions please:)
Good config, avast! is always a good choice, you should add Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and Zemana Anti-Logger (paid or free) hope this helps :)

Also, I forgot to mention Reason Core Security it classified as a trojan by HitmanPro and Ad-Aware

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Anti-Malware Reviewer: Then its a false positive ;), Reason Core is developed from the makers of Unchecky (a tool that automatically disabled those bundled 3rd party programs upon installation of your favourite programs)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

@Anti-Malware Reviewer: Then its a false positive ;), Reason Core is developed from the makers of Unchecky (a tool that automatically disabled those bundled 3rd party programs upon installation of your favourite programs)
Thanks for telling me I wasn't saying it was a trojan I was just saying some AV's class it as one - I am going to upload it to virus total - Unchecky is good but on that line, on VirusTotal some say it's a PUP? You're right it probably is a FP

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Anti-Malware Reviewer:For its an assumption since Reason Core have their feature called Bundled Protection that disabled any programs that includes to be adware or grayware, hence some AV detects it as PUP.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.