analeen

It might look as trivial question .. but sorry I am very desperate :(

I am trying to create my own collection of malware and benign applications and analyse them with Anubis .. I've already managed to collect large number of malware but I am in need for more benign applications with these specific features:
- work on windows XP
- smaller than 8 MB
- EXE files only

I have downloaded clean windows on Virtual machines and collect all the clean files, and I have downloaded from legitimate websites but it doesn't seem enough at all
Any recommendation of sources ?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
Benign application samples?

You may consider to check on those legitimate 3rd party sites like:

A) Softpedia
B) MajorGeeks
C) Fileforum

There are many other sites but you should aware that other detection by AV notified of possible adware attached on some programs.

Building a lot of benign applications will take time since you will collect them by your own so take yourself a lot of patience. :)[/URL]

analeen

You are a godsend .. cannot thank you enough ..
I have just found a list of websites but I am not sure of it .. if some one can give an opinion ... may be at the end we will have a list of benign applications websites .. 'as the malware websites list :) )

these are the websites that I have found:

TechSpot.com
SnapFiles.com
downloadcrew.com

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
@analeen: Another good alternative sites to get those benign application samples, the more the better usually you can retrieve a lot of low prevalent legitimate programs as you will notice on reviews and rankings + number of downloads.

Reactions: analeen and Rishi

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Trusted
The Adware List Here is a list of programs(may not be up-to-date) which carry bundled "benign" surprises and others.Best is to look for older versions of these.

Last edited: