Battle Best Adblock Filters/Hosts (Android)

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I'm using a rooted Android device with Adaway.

Can some fine gentlemen let me know some good filters/hosts to use with Adaway.

Additionally I would love if the filters can remove white spaces in browsers/apps too. Or do we need a different config for the same.

Thanks.

Reactions: CyberTech

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I have tried so many and so many break something here or there. Steven Black's is the only one I can recommend:
StevenBlack/hosts

It has an active community on GitHub that monitors what is breaking and what is working and they try to keep the size of the Hosts file as small as possible. The other one is the 3 hosts that come with Adaway. They cause the least trouble as well. The other massive hosts files all break functionality.

Reactions: jackuars

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I have tried so many and so many break something here or there. Steven Black's is the only one I can recommend:
StevenBlack/hosts

It has an active community on GitHub that monitors what is breaking and what is working and they try to keep the size of the Hosts file as small as possible. The other one is the 3 hosts that come with Adaway. They cause the least trouble as well. The other massive hosts files all break functionality.

Thanks, have you used Energized list. This seems to be the default filter for Blokada now. Previously it was Steven Black.

Massive filter list collection here: FilterLists | Subscriptions for uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus, AdGuard, ...

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.