Battle Best Android browser?

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
What browser on Android do you all think is the fastest and uses the least battery, and possibly has the best privacy and security?

I have heard quite a lot of good things about Brave and Puffin. It would be really nice to have one that saves on battery, because when I use Chrome it uses my battery a lot.

I'm just interested to see what you guys use.

AriDfoix

Level 3
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
I use 2 main browsers on Android, one of them is available also on PlayStore, Privacy Browser – Stoutner, I use this browser, because I like its privacy features, the other browser that I use is Bromite, I prefer it over Chrome, as I don't care really much of syncing my bookmarks, I use a third-party app for password, Bromite

Both browsers are available on F-Droid, Bromite has its own repository: New F-Droid repository URL

Reactions: oneeye

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Reactions: oneeye

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I suggest you try Adguard Premium for Android Nightly as well.

Q&A - AdGuard for Android Premium (Nightly v3.x) - Anyone using it?

Blokada is great because it's FREE and open source. Putting money aside I tell you Adguard Premium is the best choice among others like Blokada, NetGuard, AdClear, DNS 66 etc. It blocks ads in movie apps such as Cinema HD, Show Box, Newest Movies HD etc which others fail to block.

Adguard also has other features that Blokada lacks like

1) HTTPS filtering
2) Firewall
3) Supports DoH (DNS-over-HTTPS)
Even free version for android is fully functional (except malware protection which you really doesn't need, cause of Google safe browsing) if you only want to block ads in your browser.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Um, sorry, but you are woefully lacking serious information, too much to post here. Do your homework. Don't mislead folks who want to remain safe, and have privacy protected too.
I fail to see how Google, a company whose main goal is collecting user data, is more trustworthy privacy-wise.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi all

FYI, if you download anything from the Google Play Store there'll be no privacy since any updates will go through Google.

If you really want privacy you'll have to get the apks independently and install separately. In this case you'll need to monitor the update yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
What do you expect from those "privacy oriented browsers"?
I'm a little bit confused, maybe your expectations are misguided or you are too paranoid.
I really don't know. Some users here might think they are so important that huge multinationals actually care to spy on what one individual is doing. Others might think they are imune to data collection if they switch to a 'privacy-oriented' browser like Brave or Firefox.
The truth is there's no actual way to stop all kinds of tracking, being from the browser or the websites, and be secure at the same time. That's just the way the internet works - it's free because we are the product. Why don't people just accept that and actually focus on important stuff, like security, convenience and actual enjoyment of a product and its features?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just installed Kiwi Browser and is impressed with it

It's fast and is the only other browser that can remove cookie pop-up message from websites besides FF Quantum

CONS
1) Cannot have own search engine although you can run it on the website
2) Cannot add extensions means it fails some tests at browserleaks.com and Bromite fingerprinting mitigations test
3) Night Mode not compatible with MalwareTips's Wave and Midnight Modes. i.e. some buttons are there but cannot be seen due to the color of the lettering

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.