Battle Best Anti-EXE/App Whitelisting 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I choose SecureAplus, why? Coz it's 1 yr free with all features, good app whitelisting , AV ( not full features) protection facility with 12 AV & u have option to select what AV engine u want to, u can use it as companion AV program alongside ur PC, it automatically checks the file in virustotal for any malware infection ( late it have a feature of quarantine if it gets virus alert from virustotal scanning which is good specially for newbie), don't slow down my PC/web surfing, good customer support & the listen customer suggestion & UI is user friendly.The only thing i don't like it slow down boot time, hope this issue will fixed.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
The anti-exploit software as EMET reduce specific attacks against your computer. Instead the anti-exe, keep a white list of programs that are allowed to be run on your system and block any other program not included in that list.
What if, malicious program is hooked/injected to whitelisted app? Will AW/AE apps allow infected apps to run?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If we are primarily focus on pure whitelisting then its complexity configuration varies.

The level follows based on my observation.

SecureAplus and Voodoshield= can be for newbie up to advance users.

EXE Radar PRO and Appguard = range for medium to expert users.

But the advantage for SecureAplus and Voodoshield is AV engines as reference to reduce complex interaction alerts.

Just choose any for your complement AV.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I also vote for SecureAPlus. Voodooshield free isn't advanced enough, and the rest cost money which I don't have right now to spend.. SecureAPlus has an office here in Pennsylvania which is pretty cool but that isn't affecting my stance on it. 1 year free (which is awesome compared to other free trials), scanning abilities, compatibility with many AV's, whitelisting and option for easy custom rules sways my opinion though. Avoid ClamAV (offline) protection. It doesn't install by default, you have to check it. Without that offline AV, it's very light on RAM and CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.