Best Anti-Virus Solutions for Windows 7 SP1 Revealed

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
360 Qihoo 17,5
Panda 17

:/

Just for the record 360 Qihoo is not free, its a freemium product.
They give AV for free and take your browser, computer and other statistic's and sell them.

Business Model
Qihoo 360 started with selling third-party antivirus software online. Soon it realized the potential of the freemium business model in the Chinese market and started to provide its own antivirus products free of charge. In short time, Qihoo 360's security products gained popularity and market share in China. The revenues are generated by leveraging its massive user base through online advertising and services like online games, remote technical support, and system integration.

As i said before nothing is for free.

Reactions: Sasa and Jack

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
This advertisement has been brought to you by Bitdefender!

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I still don't know what to beleive from this kind of tests... (AVG free scores better then AVG IS!!)

Actually that is not the first time that has happened.

I'm puzzled why Softpedia would say the freeware AVs "all...obtained really disappointing scores in this new tests" when Qihoo and Panda did quite well. It just goes to show once again that with free AVs the concept of the Big Three--avast!, Avira, and AVG--is obsolete. Qihoo and Panda have arguably not just equaled but surpassed.

Note also a good score on protection by Comodo Internet Security Premium, which is scarcely any different from the freeware Comodo IS.

It is surprising to see McAfee at the top. I have seen it score very poorly on most tests in the last two years.

It seems to me that the most likely reason that Bitdefender and Kaspersky are nearly always the top two in tests by the various different testers is because they really are the best in detection.

Reactions: titan1

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
I agree 150% with

@ GabiCRX

"These tests are for me some kind of "recommendations".

With adding a layering affect of different security software products. For the ultimate
protection/fixing/performance. Each one has a plus and/or minus,depending on the security software product.

Kind regards,;)

stephentony

Level 1
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Nico@FMA said:
I wonder when people finally wake up from their wet dream.
I am still laughing at that quote. I almost wet myself but the other kind of wet. You post some of the best stuff here, Nico@FMA! Always informed but with a sense of humor. I totally agree with your remarks pertaining to Qihoo. It took me the better part of a year to see what was going on, but once I did, I departed from the Qihoo express.

Reactions: Nico@FMA

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"Solutions for Windows 7 SP1" -- o_O How are they any different to any other Windows OS. It's hardly a special OS.

Reactions: titan1

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Maybe it`s just because a lot of users are currently on win7 sp1 ?

Noobs always run the risk of thinking that an AV is an AV so why pay for one ? When in fact they`re missing out on the extra protection features that come with a paid suite.

More experianced users can put together a suite for free that is often wider in it`s scope of protection than any of the paid suites,imo.

Interesting that Panda has been doing well for some time now in these type of tests while Microsoft of course bombs yet again.

Regards Eck:)

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Just for the record 360 Qihoo is not free, its a freemium product.
They give AV for free and take your browser, computer and other statistic's and sell them.

Business Model
Qihoo 360 started with selling third-party antivirus software online. Soon it realized the potential of the freemium business model in the Chinese market and started to provide its own antivirus products free of charge. In short time, Qihoo 360's security products gained popularity and market share in China. The revenues are generated by leveraging its massive user base through online advertising and services like online games, remote technical support, and system integration.

As i said before nothing is for free.
Have used Qihoo for some time in the past, their site details are kinda shady, I quote from the site "Qihoo 360 monetizes its user base through online advertisement and other value added services." - http://www.360safe.com/about.html

I didn't see any pop ups from the AV itself when using it so I don't see how they are monetizing using ads unless they inject the ads into your everyday surfing. I wouldn't know because I have adblock on.

Reactions: titan1 and Av Gurus

titan1

Level 1
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Avast scored 3.5 for protection.Strange,for about a year on my machine I a using avast free.And not a single virus could even bypass the web shield.This is why I don't trust these results.Avast plays well on my laptop and MSE plays well on my father's desktop.Both didn't get infected yet for a single time.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.