Battle Best Antivirus 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
As you know, I have a war room thread about the best security suite. However, I need some advice about Antiviruses now. Please reply or vote in the poll!
Also, I need advice about my Second-Option Scanner so please vote in there too (yes, I take MT advice for everything)

Last edited:

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
- Avast Free (PUP & Hardened Mode enabled) * You can have the paid version
- Qihoo Free (TS or IS)
- ESET / Emsisoft

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
The delay that avast causes to chrome launching time, doesn't disturb you?

Not me, using the latest Avast version.

About Qihoo 360IS, got a few false positive when I tried downloading a few apps from bleepingcomputers and mysecuritywin

Reactions: Nikos751

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
emsisoft: great detection and fast reaction to new threats, program update in short periods so it's stable and has less bug,adding good features in every major program updates,fast scan and good scan customization options(i like the scan performance settings :) ) one of the best behavior blockers so it's great in dealing with zero day malwares, their staffs are active in many forums (even here in MT),i like their CEO because he is active in forums and listens to complains

kaspersky: good detection good reaction to new threats,long periods between program updates so: it have some bugs,good improvements in major version upgrades,user have a good control on settings and security, in 2015 version they did a great job in performance and zero day protection,medium scan speed,really good behavior blocker,great firewall,detecting malwares that are not in the wild and other company's are not detecting them.

webroot: new technologies in fighting with malwares,powerful cloud infrastructures,compatible with other av's,new approach in the way that a av should work so it needs some trust,i believe the way it works is the future of security software's, great support, detecting the threats that others are missing, so light, have some bugs,i'm waiting for their next major upgrade(they should work on UI, bugs, better offline protection and better detection ratio,major improvement to zero day protection)

i run all of this three along side each other on my laptop and they are working perfect.

D

Deleted member 21043

emsisoft: great detection and fast reaction to new threats, program update in short periods so it's stable and has less bug,adding good features in every major program updates,fast scan and good scan customization options(i like the scan performance settings :) ) one of the best behavior blockers so it's great in dealing with zero day malwares, their staffs are active in many forums (even here in MT),i like their CEO because he is active in forums and listens to complains

kaspersky: good detection good reaction to new threats,long periods between program updates so: it have some bugs,good improvements in major version upgrades,user have a good control on settings and security, in 2015 version they did a great job in performance and zero day protection,medium scan speed,really good behavior blocker,great firewall,detecting malwares that are not in the wild and other company's are not detecting them.

webroot: new technologies in fighting with malwares,powerful cloud infrastructures,compatible with other av's,new approach in the way that a av should work so it needs some trust,i believe the way it works is the future of security software's, great support, detecting the threats that others are missing, so light, have some bugs,i'm waiting for their next major upgrade(they should work on UI, bugs, better offline protection and better detection ratio,major improvement to zero day protection)

i run all of this three along side each other on my laptop and they are working perfect.
You run Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus/Internet Security at the same time?

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
You run Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus/Internet Security at the same time?

yes they are fully compatible if you add all av's in exclusion list of the others,i run emsisoft anti malware and kaspersky internet security.
you can test this kind of multi av protection with malwares and see that there is not any conflict. software's that designed to be compatible with other av's are better at this. emsisoft and webroot are compatible with others.

D

Deleted member 21043

yes they are fully compatible if you add all av's in exclusion list of the others,i run emsisoft anti malware and kaspersky internet security.
you can test this kind of multi av protection with malwares and see that there is not any conflict. software's that designed to be compatible with other av's are better at this. emsisoft and webroot are compatible with others.
Ah okay. Never thought about excluding another AV with one AV and having multiple ones running.

I would do it, but I don't because I like have my memory free for other apps and to prevent system slowdown. So, I just keep Emsisoft running with the shields at all times for me. That's all I would say that I personally need, at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.