Best Christopher Nolan Movie?

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
With Dunkirk set to release next year, what do you think is the best movie that was directed by Christopher Nolan?

I have also included Dunkirk in the poll which is set to be released in November 2017, and you can select it if you think it might become his best work.

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
#1: Interstellar if you ignore Act 4. The first 3 acts were phenomenal.
#2: Inception.
#3: The Dark Knight, although the majority of the credit goes to Heath Ledger.
Watch list: Memento, Dunkirk.

Whether Dunkirk is good or bad, Nolan is allegedly getting a $20 million dollar paycheck and 20% of gross box office for it. I personally think it'll be his best direction yet, but we'll see if the cast can pull their weight.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Great Thread @jackuars :)
In my opinion Christopher Nolan only makes good movies..

I voted for:
1) Memento (2000)- One of my favourite movies ever..I have watched this many,many times.:)
I love Movies like this and I think that Memento was for Chris Nolan as Pi was for Darren Aronofsky, Homicide was for David Mamet, and what Solaris & Stalker were for Andrei Tarkovsky.....
I think that the best movies are like "seeds" and actually give more pleasure through the contemplating/analysing that they promote "after" the movie has finished..Any movie that tackles issues of perception and the fragility of the "Human Condition" is a winner IMO:)
2) The Dark Knight (2008)- IMO The Best Batman movie ever made..I agree with @XIII in that Health Ledger's performance was mind-blowing :)

...I obviously have a high opinion of both Inception and Interstellar too,but personally I think that there are better movies that have similar themes,and are more pleasurable to be re-watched again and again.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Right answer is any of them, not Dunkirk as it yet to be released.

I disqualify Interstellar because I was bored and fell asleep.
The Following and Memento are OK, but rough.
The Batman films were OK, but I thought Nolan was betraying his own 'realism' after a while with more ridiculous stuff.
Inception wasn't all that great imo.

Only film of his I like is The Prestige. It had great action, an great story, and the performances were awesome.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.