Battle Best Chrome Security Extensions?

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
@Rolo And you trust new coming, when it has screw thing up for good once? I don't.
If you applied that reasoning everywhere, there'd practically be no software left to trust.

My only issue with WoT's past is that they didn't quite do what they said they were doing (and it's not like everybody isn't guilty of that at some point). Benefit of the doubt: it was a technical oversight. Benefit of paranoia: they were selling analytics that weren't totally anonymized. Either way, this is zero impact to me: nobody cares about individuals, only what the masses do.

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
Not just that but gold members (or something like that) decides of the rates and are biased.

Yes, WOT's rating system is "meritocratic", i.e. not all votes have the same weight. I'm not sure how this "order of merit" is decided, but at the end of the day, this meritocratic system exists on all forums, even here on MT for example, knowledgeable members have the "trusted member" badge that sets them apart from other members. But then again, who knows how WOT's pecking order works!

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
@Rolo

When it comes to privacy violations, old news dies hard! :p
I really like the idea of WOT, but many users are still not ready to use WOT again.

Last edited:
Reactions: BugCode

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I've just installed uBlock Origin and testing it. I like it so far but advanced settings (pluses, minuses) confuse me. I have to say, Adguard did that better. :D

Reactions: Rengar

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
uBO's dropper function really can't be beat.

+ = 1-9 elements blocked
++ = 10-99
+++ = 100+
I know that, I saw explanation on GitHub but I still don't understand how to unblock one script if it's blocked by mistake. In second and third column there is green, gray and red color. Green means allowed, red means blocked but what gray means? Thanks. :D

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I know that, I saw explanation on GitHub but I still don't understand how to unblock one script if it's blocked by mistake. In second and third column there is green, gray and red color. Green means allowed, red means blocked but what gray means? Thanks. :D
I'm hazarding a guess here: I think it means "not configured" when you click on it, "no effect" when you look at it.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
HTTPS Everywhere, Avira Broswer Safety (along with Chrome's built in site blocker, which I feel works really well), Adguard (very light and definitely speeds up browsing). Tested BD TrafficLight and found it does well with phishing sites but is pretty bad against malware sites.

Reactions: Rengar

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.