Advice Request Best Comodo Internet Security 12.0.0.6818 custom settings for Maximum Protection ? (7.5.2019)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Arin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2014
Which are the best Comodo internet security 12.0.0.6818 custom settings for maximum protection ? (7.5.2019)

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Which are the best Comodo internet security 12.0.0.6818 custom settings for maximum protection ? (7.5.2019)
I have CAV and my settings are:
  • General settings --> Configuration --> Enabled Proactive Security
  • HIPS --> Disabled
  • Containment --> Auto-containment --> Block unknown
  • Containment --> Auto-containment --> Added exclusion for "Portable SW" folders
In my opinion you can just install the AV, no need of FW (which causes several issues on Windows 10).
If you wanna check why, please read here SECURE: Complete - imuade's Security Configuration 2019

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I have Comodo Firewall at CS settings. I also have enabled HIPS ( it took me 15 minutes in learning mode to click on my main apps) No issues on Windows 10 and Comodo is very quiet. In the last 2 years, I had one problem: Comodo opened a window whenever I ran Chrome. It took Comodo a few weeks to find a fix. I disabled the web filter: I use Emsisoft Browser Security.
I have a backup of my settings so the installation of a new version of Comodo is super fast.
Windows Defender is my antivirus.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
To maximize protection, in advanced settings put the embedded code protection at maximum by moving the slider to the right for all the entries. Move the slider back only for those particular processes that cause you problems. If you are lucky, none of them will cause you problems, but the most likely problem-maker is cmd.

Arin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2014
I have Comodo Firewall at CS settings. I also have enabled HIPS ( it took me 15 minutes in learning mode to click on my main apps) No issues on Windows 10 and Comodo is very quiet. In the last 2 years, I had one problem: Comodo opened a window whenever I ran Chrome. It took Comodo a few weeks to find a fix. I disabled the web filter: I use Emsisoft Browser Security.
I have a backup of my settings so the installation of a new version of Comodo is super fast.
Windows Defender is my antivirus.
Thanks buddy...
**yes ,the new version of comodo is very fast and Improved.
New comodo antivirus is improved a lot .

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
I used Comodo Firewall 10th version on the settings offered by Maxim Boyarenko (this person maintains a whole blog about Comodo on the Russian forum and offers a variety of configuration settings for versions 10-12. Установка COMODO Internet Security 10-12. Упрощенная инструкция по настройке и использованию - Блог Comodo You may find optimal settings for yourself specifically for your PC. Personally, this firewall didn’t work for me due to compatibility issues with Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Despite the fact that these programs were listed as Exceptions from each other, malfunctions in the work of the antivirus were observed. Using this firewall. Before Kaspersky Anti-Virus, I had Avast free and had no compatibility issues.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I used Comodo Firewall 10th version on the settings offered by Maxim Boyarenko (this person maintains a whole blog about Comodo on the Russian forum and offers a variety of configuration settings for versions 10-12. Установка COMODO Internet Security 10-12. Упрощенная инструкция по настройке и использованию - Блог Comodo You may find optimal settings for yourself specifically for your PC. Personally, this firewall didn’t work for me due to compatibility issues with Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Despite the fact that these programs were listed as Exceptions from each other, malfunctions in the work of the antivirus were observed. Using this firewall. Before Kaspersky Anti-Virus, I had Avast free and had no compatibility issues.
Try Kaspersky FREE Antivirus, it has a better chance of compatibility with Comodo firewall.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Try Kaspersky FREE Antivirus, it has a better chance of compatibility with Comodo firewall.

This was Kaspersky free antivirus. It seems that this antivirus cannot get along with the Comodo firewall, in this bundle the antivirus is constantly turned off and cannot work correctly.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
This was Kaspersky free antivirus. It seems that this antivirus cannot get along with the Comodo firewall, in this bundle the antivirus is constantly turned off and cannot work correctly.
Did you install Comodo Internet Security, or Comodo Firewall?

I used Comodo Firewall 10th version on the settings offered by Maxim Boyarenko (this person maintains a whole blog about Comodo on the Russian forum
Some people, such as myself, are frustrated by what seems to be random blocking of system processes by various components of Comodo Firewall.
For instance, take a look at the screenshot in this post
What does Maxim say about this sort of thing? Is there a cure?

Reactions: oldschool and Zorro

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Did you install Comodo Internet Security, or Comodo Firewall?
I installed Comodo Firewall (not Internet Security).

Some people, such as myself, are frustrated by what seems to be random blocking of system processes by various components of Comodo Firewall.
Unfortunately, I am not so well versed in the intricacies of Comodo Firewall (I used it for only a month in conjunction with Avast, and 10 minutes in conjunction with Kaspersky), as Maxim understands, who studied it to the smallest detail. I can only ask him to say what he thinks about your question. I am not a fan of this firewall, so I don’t know all the subtleties of its work, and this is a very complex software product.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I installed Comodo Firewall (not Internet Security).

Unfortunately, I am not so well versed in the intricacies of Comodo Firewall (I used it for only a month in conjunction with Avast, and 10 minutes in conjunction with Kaspersky), as Maxim understands, who studied it to the smallest detail. I can only ask him to say what he thinks about your question. I am not a fan of this firewall, so I don’t know all the subtleties of its work, and this is a very complex software product.
Thanks. Let us know if you find out anything. I am perplexed by some of the system process blocks. It seems to happen to a lot of people, but not everyone.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019

Judging by the screenshot, it was not a system process that was blocked, but a program for video conversion or some kind of program for download of videos. It is not known from what source the user took this program (it happens and how unwanted software is distributed), hence the reaction of Comodo Firewall. IMHO.

Reactions: oldschool

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Also, to make combos in general with Kaspersky, You should install it 1st, and then the other security solution...
First, I deleted Avast Free, then I deleted Comodo Firewall, then I installed Kaspersky Free, and then I installed Comodo Firewall again. Since I heard that this firewall should be installed in the system after installing the antivirus.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Looked closer, and because Comodo Firewall on the screen blocked the activities of the program for taking screenshots from the screen. It is possible that the proactive defense worked on the behavior of this program, which Comodo found suspicious.

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
What abouth comodo firewall + comodo cloud Av both last Versions ? are strong enougth the combo, also should disable sandbox on av if firewall always use it?.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I have CAV and my settings are:
  • General settings --> Configuration --> Enabled Proactive Security
  • HIPS --> Disabled
  • Containment --> Auto-containment --> Block unknown
  • Containment --> Auto-containment --> Added exclusion for "Portable SW" folders
In my opinion you can just install the AV, no need of FW (which causes several issues on Windows 10).
If you wanna check why, please read here SECURE: Complete - imuade's Security Configuration 2019
Hello,

after some game freezes with bullguard, i would like to try the free CIS.
are this settings good for newbies in 2021? i know that there the cruel sister settings with their firewall, but no...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.