Best computer chair/office chair

What are some of the top computer chairs/office chairs out there please ?

It all depends upon how much you want to spend.

$400+ Herman Miller, Knoll, Boss, Eurochair, etc. Extreme adjustability, first-rate ergonomics, and high quality - but you pay for all that.

Sometimes you can find good deals on basically brand new chairs on eBay, but not often. There are even "refurbished" models - returned by customer.

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
It all depends upon how much you want to spend.

$400+ Herman Miller, Knoll, Boss, Eurochair, etc. Extreme adjustability, first-rate ergonomics, and high quality - but you pay for all that.

Sometimes you can find good deals on basically brand new chairs on eBay, but not often. There are even "refurbished" models - returned by customer.

Thanks well I sit in my chair at least 6 or 8 hours + a day so how much do you think I should spend ?

Reactions: SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks well I sit in my chair at least 6 or 8 hours + a day so how much do you think I should spend ?
What i learned is that if you get a cheap chair soon you will suffer or need to replace it. Cheap chairs are ok when you buy them but as time passes they start to get worse and worse and your body loses the needed support.
I would say spend as much as you can afford but if you can afford it try and get a model from a brand @Lockdown mentioned. They are the top.

EDIT: If you can't afford such chairs atm get a decent one for 100 that can be adjusted a fair amount and get a good orthopedic cushion. Eventually the cushion will die but you can just replace that again.

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
it depends on what do you want. You want a normal chair, gaming chair, if you have back problems you might want a special chair so its up to you.

Reactions: ng4ever

The bad part about buying chairs is that you have to sit in them to see if you like it. The taller you are, the more it is a requirement. In the best chairs, there are different "sizes" dependent upon height and weight.

Ordering chairs online is a HUGE hassle - because you won't know until you put it together whether or not you like it. If you need to return it, then there might be a restocking fee and you will have to take it apart, repackage it and ship it back.

The Herman Miller Aeron chair is always top-rated by users (you have to shop for best price): Amazon.com: herman miller aeron

I would say the Aeron chair would be one of the more safe bets to order without sitting in it first. You could special order a chair through a retailer, but they will charge you an arm-and-a-leg for one of the top brands.

To me, personal comfort can be found in a $125 and certainly in a $400+ chair. It all depends upon the chair. I get mine from Staples. I go there and sit in every single one of the floor models. Usually I can find one that I like. The Herman Miller Aeron is the best chair that I personally have ever sat in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: shmu26 and Rengar

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
The bad part about buying chairs is that you have to sit in them to see if you like it. The taller you are, the more it is a requirement. In the best chairs, there are different "sizes" dependent upon height and weight.

Ordering chairs online is a HUGE hassle - because you won't know until you put it together whether or not you like it. If you need to return it, then there might be a restocking fee and you will have to take it apart, repackage it and ship it back.

The Herman Miller Aeron chair is always top-rated by users (you have to shop for best price): Amazon.com: herman miller aeron

I tried the Herman Miller Aeron chair in a showroom locally and didn't like it :(

I tried the Herman Miller Aeron chair in a showroom locally and didn't like it :(

LOL... it is the best I've sat in. I went to showrooms in NYC and sat in bunches of chairs. Right now I am using $125 brand\model sold by Staples. When you get into the Euro brands, the prices really can shoot skyward. You have to shop for best pricing.

If you are tall, finding a good chair with proper support is a PITA.

Reactions: Myriad

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
LOL... it is the best I've sat in. I went to showrooms in NYC and sat in bunches of chairs. Right now I am using $125 brand\model sold by Staples. When you get into the Euro brands, the prices really can shoot skyward. You have to shop for best pricing.

That may be true for some people but I sit strange ways.

What is personal comfort worth ? I think it is worth it to spend upwards of $600 - especially if you have serious back problems. Working at a computer for 8, 10, 12+ hours day-in, day-out puts a lot of wear-and-tear on the body. Much more than people suppose.

Price is not the most important thing. Actual "fit" is most important.

Reactions: ng4ever

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
What is personal comfort worth ? I think it is worth it to spend upwards of $600 - especially if you have serious back problems. Working at a computer for 8, 10, 12+ hours day-in, day-out puts a lot of wear-and-tear on the body. Much more than people suppose.

Price is not the most important thing. Actual "fit" is most important.

This is true!

Ok. I think I found one. What do you think of this one? Gesture Ergonomic Office & Desk Chair - Steelcase

I've only sat in Steelcase submarine chairs - the all aluminum ones - but Steelcase is a good brand. It looks top-model to me.

Then again, when I travel and sit in chairs I've never seen before, I am not in the habit of flipping one over to check for a label.

LOL... looks like an astronaut chair to me. Soyuz capsule sort-of chair. Maybe Jodie Foster "Contact" chair is more accurate.

11357450_gal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016

You said that right !

I am also afflicted with tallness and the whole world seems to be the wrong size for me ( airplanes especially :) )

I find that office chairs need to have some backwards tilting built-in to be really comfortable for hours at a time,
and plenty of adjustment in the back support .

As someone pointed out , if you buy online you will probably regret it ( unless you can try it out in a store first ) .

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
I have thrown away my cheap "racing chair" a few weeks ago, my back was screaming help every now and then.
So i decided to buy something new before the pain comes to a level where it wont just "go away" anymore, something with proper adjustments, something with proper and working back support.

What i found is this: Vertagear's Triigger 350 Line.
Racing/gaming chairs to a whole new level.
M9iuP5l.jpg
QIxBkoG.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.