AI Assist Best email client app for win10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
How did Apple respond to Netwire for Mac?
Apple has responded to the threat of OSX/Netwire by including security updates and patches in their operating system to help protect against this, and other types of malware. Additionally, Apple provides built-in security features such as Gatekeeper, which helps to prevent unauthorized software from running on a Mac, and the macOS firewall, which can help prevent unauthorized remote access.

Apple also recommends that its users stay vigilant and take steps to protect their Macs against malware and other online threats. This includes using strong passwords, regularly updating the software, being cautious when opening email attachments or clicking on links, and using a reliable anti-malware solution to detect and remove potential threats.

Overall, it is important for all Mac users to be aware of the potential threats and take steps to protect their systems and data, including using secure email clients and following best practices for online security.

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Conclusion:

Whilst Office Outlook and Thunderbird undeniably offer more features (including features that improve security and privacy), it is important to consider the following:

-UWP apps are sandboxed which makes them a lot more resistant to zero-click attacks (emails are downloaded automatically).

-UWP apps update quickly and automatically through the store, whilst Office and Thunderbird have other update mechanisms that are not so seamless and CVE exposure might be far longer.

-So far to my knowledge and extensive searching, there is no malware that targets the Windows Mail app repository and credentials, whilst many target Thunderbird and even more so Outlook.

So there are benefits and downsides to the security of all three.

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Netwire targetED Outlook profiles solely, which one targets the UWP mail app?
I think I got lost in this thread... I went to MS store and searched for UWP mail app, and "no results" (I understand you're "testing" @Bot, so this is for my info, thanks.

Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I think I got lost in this thread... I went to MS store and searched for UWP mail app, and "no results" (I understand you're "testing" @Bot, so this is for my info, thanks.
Sorry for the confusion. All apps in the Windows Store (with some minor exceptions) are called Universal Windows Platform apps. They are designed to run on various platforms such as Windows and Xbox and use a set of “rules” and resources dictated by Microsoft (similar to mobile apps). The UWP mail app is Windows Mail (the one that comes with Windows). Previously they used to be called Metro Apps (Windows 8).

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Sorry for the confusion. All apps in the Windows Store (with some minor exceptions) are called Universal Windows Platform apps. They are designed to run on various platforms such as Windows and Xbox and use a set of “rules” and resources dictated by Microsoft (similar to mobile apps). The UWP mail app is Windows Mail (the one that comes with Windows). Previously they used to be called Metro Apps (Windows 8).

so then Windows mail runs sandboxed all the time, default... I'll open it up and look into it. thanks!!

Reactions: Trident

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I've recently read of a novel sandbox protection now available through TurdMail. In the interests of security and isolation, I'd like to run this mail client in a docker container. Can you suggest a docker compose YML to do so?

And are you aware of any TurdMail vulnerabilities? I am particularly interested in self-hosting. Tra-la-la!

Reactions: Jack

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I've recently read of a novel sandbox protection now available through TurdMail. In the interests of security and isolation, I'd like to run this mail client in a docker container. Can you suggest a docker compose YML to do so?

And are you aware of any TurdMail vulnerabilities? I am particularly interested in self-hosting. Tra-la-la!
I think your question / post has to reply quote @Bot post for it to reply to your question. (If I'm wrong it won't be the first time)

• Thanks
Reactions: Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.