App Review Best FREE Antivirus Test 2013 by Britec

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No shocked for Comodo since they have an aggressive capabilities in dealing protection but more on advance users.

Even Avira could do a bit poorly when they have changed the entire version from year 2010 maybe.

And DrBeenGolfing I will not change any AV's caused I've don't have either (only MBAM Pro realtime) :lol:

timnik

Verified
Feb 27, 2013
Earth said:
MSE results weren't collected correctly.
Perhaps it would detect more if an infected file was executed.

But this is valid for the others too. And this is where it gets more complicated than that I guess.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, it's not that, it's because MSE counts different.

Example 1: If 10 samples are all Trojan.A, MSE will say 1 threat detected.

Example 2: 24 threats detected = (1n) + (2n) + (3n) + (4n) + ... (24n)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If those remained samples are executed then only a slighted chance to be detected or sometimes partial blocked.

And the conclusion always to be infected and unprotected.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.