Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Choose your favorite media player in the list, especially to play videos. You can choose up to 2 products.

GOM Player
jetVideo
KMPlayer
Light Alloy
MPC-HC
PotPlayer
SMPlayer
QMPlay2
VLC

If you use any other, specify it in this thread. Also do specify which one you use here.

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
My vote goes to : MPC-HC.
Reason : Easy to use, lightweight, can render/buffer video files fast and easily, can download Subtitles from database, nice subtitle font/shadow/size and yeah, open-source ftw!

If I'd change my player, I'd definitely use GOM Player because of its nice interface. Yeah, I know it has some ads on its UI but its OK for me :) I do not like VLC because I'm having lots of bugs with it, specially with MKV video files..

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
MPC-HC it's the best player around. It's seriously small and has a very light footprint, it practically runs all media files flawlessly.

It's rendering is very smooth, and it's font cache loading is instantaneous.

I just keep VLC player as an emergency player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.