How-to Guide Best Free Software's For New PC.

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DeepWeb

Level 12
Jul 1, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Emsisoft
Archiver: TC4Shell
2nd opinion scanner: RunPEDetector
DNS benchmark: DNSBench
Hard drive benchmark: AnvilPro
Better alternative to f.lux/night light: Sunset Screen
Automatically detect/update drivers: SnailSuite
Tweak your Windows 10 Privacy: modzero fix-windows-privacy
Alternative to Samsung RAPID: HDDTurbo
All-in-one Visual C++ Runtimes from 2008-2017: Visual C++ Runtime Installer
Record your screen and turn into gifs: ScreenToGif
Control items in context menu: ShellExView
DNSSEC Client running Unbound: DNSSEC Trigger [Use version 0.12 if it fails to install: Link]
68 antivirus scanners in one: herdProtect [Download link]
Change Windows font: IconFont.exe [Use "Segoe UI Emoji" if you want emoji filenames ;)]
System Utilities: Privazer [better alternative to CCleaner which breaks your registry]
Torrent client: Deluge

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Avast
Last edited:
Jul 2, 2014
To my knowledge, not possible to hide placeholders. Unless someone ports easylist in hosts form, if that is possible. The empty placeholders doesn't bother me personally.
only element hiding from adblockers can hide the placeholders. Other blocking methods can't
I current use adaway + peter lowe hosts file (system-wise) with ublock origin for chrome
I'm satisfied with it. it can block most ads, not all, of course
definitely much faster than adguard for desktop (paid) and more compatible, no bugs, 0 resource usage
Thanks for the interesting information. For now since only softwares are included in the list, am going to stick with AdFender which is good as far as freeware desktop adblockers are concerned. Except for the fact that the free version cannot filter ads across https sites :(

Jul 2, 2014
Newest changes

Changed Everything to UltraSearch in Desktop Search (07-07-17) [Found UltraSearch to be extremely fast with lot of customization options]
Added FTP Client - FileZilla (07-07-17) [Thanks for the suggestion]
Changed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to Zemana in Antispyware (07-07-17) [Zemana seems to be better than Malwarebytes Anti-Malware]
Added Iris mini in Eye Protection (07-07-17) [Plenty of configuration modes, and is not system intensive unlike f.lux]
Added Process Explorer in System Monitor (07--07-17) [Was a hard choice between that and Process Hacker]

Last edited: