Advice Request Best Free Softwares for Windows

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
2,839
I will say that after extensive use Handbrake is one of the most useful software projects I've ever come across. So much easier than attempting CLI with FFMPEG.
 

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
2,464
Whats the recommended files/folders backup software?
I'm using this. I like it because I can temporarily put the updated file in the trash instead of overwriting it.:)
 

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
2,464
This is also good. It's a bit like the photo viewer of win7, and it can be operated mainly by keyboard.
Photo Viewer For Win 10

2022.06.27 +post
I noticed when installing this software on another pc. The installer will ask you about your age and gender (I don't think it was before). The files expanded in temp will be caught.:unsure::coffee:
キャプチャ.PNG
 
Last edited:

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
1,469
No not the disk imagers. I meant software that do data backups like freefilesync, dsynchronize, syncfolders etc. I think you should put one in your list too.
I suppose Aomei can do data backups too but not in a storage efficient way like these software do. Correct me if I'm wrong there.
 

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
1,694
No not the disk imagers. I meant software that do data backups like freefilesync, dsynchronize, syncfolders etc. I think you should put one in your list too.
I suppose Aomei can do data backups too but not in a storage efficient way like these software do. Correct me if I'm wrong there.
I wouldn't be the best judge here since I'm using Linux 90% of the time for the past 2 years, and the rest 10% goes to Windows for nostalgia.

As for AOMEI, it definitely has a files/folder backup feature, I just casually categorized it into Disk Imaging. For more info you can check here: How to back up Files and Folders

I can no longer edit the original post, and had requested @Jack for the same. I had the edit rights for around a year or so, but now it's not available.
 

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
3,029
Is there any free good Driver updaters except Iobit?
Driver Easy and Smart Driver Manager (which is also published under many different names) both can be used for free and do much better at finding the correct drivers than other driver updaters, as explained below. So in my opinion they are two best driver updaters there are. But unless you are having issues with a device, or you have devices with no driver installed, or a generic Microsoft driver rather than the correct OEM one, there's often little need to keep drivers updated. I believe that free version of Smart Driver Manager only lets you update around ten drivers. But you can uninstall and reinstall it to install more drivers. This won't be an issue if you are only updating drivers you think you really need to update, rather than installing every update it finds.
 

About us

  • MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.

Top