Advice Request Best free VPN for Android?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Any suggestions? I've tried Opera but it's very unreliable and only connects occasionally. Seed4.Me are currently doing 6 months free. Anyone tried it? If so, what do you think? I also seem to recall Windscribe saying they had plans for a free Android VPN a while ago but I haven't heard much about that since.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
CyberGhost would probably be your best bet.
I also seem to recall Windscribe saying they had plans for a free Android VPN a while ago but I haven't heard much about that since.
Windscribe's native application should be released by the beginning of July if they're able to stick to their Q2 release date.

There's a lot of shady 'free' VPNs on Android so try and stick to apps by known reputable companies if possible.

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Just to repeat, free Android apps only please. As far as I can see Express VPN for Android is not free and only has a free trial period.

Tried Cyberghost but my real ip address is still visible when I check with the likes of ipleak.com (no such problem with Seed4.Me). If anyone can suggest how to solve the Cyberghost issue it would be really appreciated.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Best? For free? Nothing in the world is free, give some 3 $/month and you got BIG list more reliable suggestion. Ask cyperghost support for help. Just my 2 cents.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
certainly not hotspotshield ( unlimited data mining / logging ) if you cherish your privacy! cyberghost will be a far better option

Reactions: uninfected1

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks a lot for the replies. Cyberghost would be my choice if it didn't show my real ip address. Noone used seed4.me then?

Reactions: Overlord

Elpibe

Level 3
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
I use VPN Master, its free, doenst request a lot of permissions like other vpns (only to access to wifi) and uses aes-254 (supposedly). I dont know how to test a vpn in android.

onreact

Level 1
Verified
May 3, 2017
I used CyberGhost in the past but mostly to view videos or sites that were blocked in my country.

To be honest the best VPNs are not free.​

When something is free you pay with your data in most cases. Just read the explanation by thebestvpn.com - I couldn't word it better.

Reactions: Overlord
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.