Advice Request Best free VPN on Windows?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I would say the best free VPN on Windows is Windscribe. I personally use Windscribe pro. The free version is good for if you need to do Torrenting or P2P activities because it is allowed on their free service. If you won't be doing torrenting or P2P activities and want unlimited data on 3 server locations you could try ProtonVPN which has free servers in Japan, Netherlands and USA. You could even use a combination of the both since Windscribe has more server locations but a monthly data cap.

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Sorry guys, to inform you and who are searching for Free VPNs.

All Free VPNs logs your IPs, History, Timestamp, activity. No one will protect your ass for free.

In Free VPN you are the product, what they will do with you? Well who knows?

What they can do? Well to be honest, nothing that you should worry:

• Sell your data to 3rd parties and other companies?
  • Abusive Marketing?
  • Spamming your email that you don't know where you get these new newsletters?
  • Using suspicious ads?
  • Injecting and redirecting you to suspicious websites with advertisiment?
  • Persistent Cookies?
  • Logging everything
  • Know your preferences? Likes?
  • Suggesting ads for you?
Just a normal thing right? Selling your data, is completely normal. Anyone needs to pay servers... guess what? who? you?

Who knows... What they are doing... Innocent people never will know. Also who don't have knowledge regarding this, is like a Trojan horse, waiting to enter the castle of course with you permission.

cliffspab

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 4, 2019

All Free VPNs logs your IPs, History, Timestamp, activity. No one will protect your ass for free.

Or, like Windscribe and Proton VPN, they could be giving you a decent albeit limited service in order to tempt you into buying their premium offering.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

In Free VPN you are the product, what they will do with you? Well who knows?

What they can do? Well to be honest, nothing that you should worry:

• Sell your data to 3rd parties and other companies?
  • Abusive Marketing?
  • Spamming your email that you don't know where you get these new newsletters?
  • Using suspicious ads?
  • Injecting and redirecting you to suspicious websites with advertisiment?
  • Persistent Cookies?
  • Logging everything
  • Know your preferences? Likes?
  • Suggesting ads for you?
Just a normal thing right? Selling your data, is completely normal. Anyone needs to pay servers... guess what? who? you?

Who knows... What they are doing... Innocent people never will know. Also who don't have knowledge regarding this, is like a Trojan horse, waiting to enter the castle of course with you permission.
You could say the same thing about paid VPNs. Do we think for $5 a month they are going to fight off some law enforcement/spy agency? I wouldn’t do anything illegal on a VPN. And who knows who they are selling you out to. At least you know who runs your ISP so you can sue them if they do something illegal. Just saying, it’s not just because they are free (but also most free VPNs are no good outside of Windscribe). Be careful who you trust with your networking.

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
You could say the same thing about paid VPNs. Do we think for $5 a month they are going to fight off some law enforcement/spy agency? I wouldn’t do anything illegal on a VPN. And who knows who they are selling you out to. At least you know who runs your ISP so you can sue them if they do something illegal. Just saying, it’s not just because they are free (but also most free VPNs are no good outside of Windscribe). Be careful who you trust with your networking.

Yes, you are right, but not fully right. 5€ per month if you multiply it for thousands of clients, you can pay servers, pay laywers and developers.

Also, you can pay more than 5€ per month, you can pay yearly.

Let's be honest, Free VPNs don't will protect your ass for free. Who only does that, is someone with is crazy from the mind.

VPN paid, you can get dedicated servers on Offshore Countries, also if someone discover they log, what they will lose? Customers, customers and customers, and their business will ruin.

Do you really think free VPN is better than paid? Hmm isn't. Like I said in free VPN you are the product, they will not only give your information to law enforcement, 3rd parties and marketing companies and maybe maybe spammers..

Mullvad VPN for example, it's honest and is transparent of Terms of Service, Data Security and much more.

I never trust in VPN that asks for Name, Address, Postal Code, Telephone and more information. For me isn't a VPN that focus in Privacy. A VPN that doesn't log, should always try to collect as little information as possible (at least, you know there's less.) for example Mullvad, iPredator, DoubleHop at this moment is the three VPNs I trust.

I Respect your opinion, I only agree who uses Free VPN to hide their IP from Teamspeak and avoid IP Loggers < That is OK.

For privacy is a BIG NO

IMO.

Or, like Windscribe and Proton VPN, they could be giving you a decent albeit limited service in order to tempt you into buying their premium offering.

WindScribe in the past admited they logged users timestamp and much more. Search in Google, maybe that disappeared like CyberGhost expose.
I might using free VPNs you are being monitorized for sure.

I don't will discuss it anymore, everyone has their own opinion. I have mine.

I prefer to create my OWN VPN on VPS than use any Free VPN.

• Wow
Reactions: KIKIN

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.