Not open for further replies.

Piteko21

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
Hi, I need a new laptop, but I'm undecided on the best brand: Toshiba, HP, Lenovo or Acer? need some feedback to ther relation quality/price and battery quality, to a normal portable for studies and some games that do not require much.

I make this question in this forum since I know the opinion of different people from all over the world, it is always valuable information;)

obs:. I have an old toshiba satellite running windows vista, its my 1st laptop and my companion for 8 years:D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am an ASUS(ASUS ROG) user so that would be my choice.
I did recently by a cheap Lenovo for around $450.00 USD. This is left at work and taken with me out of town and just used for general online and computing use.Remember you get what you pay for.It depends on how much you want to spend and your use.If you are going to invest in one you plan on using for quite a while the extra money spent on a good machine will be beneficial in the long run.
Lenovo does make some nice machines.The one I bought is Ok for what I use it for.
I also have a Sony Vaio

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Toshiba or Asus which they have good products for laptops.

You may also try HP since they back on track from the production of laptops, some said this brand itself may cause issues like in battery but as I own a product none of the issue I've found.

Reactions: Piteko21

kb99

Level 1
Feb 5, 2015
My HP has been with me for 3 years and I love it. Then again I do not exactly have a good desktop PC.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The better brands are the ones which are more reliable, and provide good support.

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
If you ask me, it depends on this:
1) Your Budget
2) Service Centre And the Quality Of the Service Centre.

Im fall in love with toshiba, even though the price are quite expensive than the Asus, but it worth its quite hardy. Then i will go for HP, before this CQ40 have become quite knowingly for its problem. But nowadays, HP have really improved plus in my area, and country, HP service centre can be find almost in every state. Plus its only take less than a week to get replacement if the problem still under warranty.

Im not sure about asus, but its design are irresistable, but the service centre in Malaysia are not too good, and its take almost a month the get repaired if it s still under warranty. Plus sometimes, its "neck" (sorry for my english) the one that hold together the screen and the board, easily break especially if you are a person that easily destroy things ;) but that for the cheap one, for the expensive one, i still did not have experience yet.

Another one that i might put into consideration is DELL, even though some of its design are ugly, but yet, its a good products.

Alzie

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
May 3, 2014
if after 8 years your happy with toshiba i would stay with one of there models i dont think there is that much difference in the various brands just look for the specifications that suit your needs

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
ASUS or Lenovo.

Lenovo has made the greatest strides in the past 3 years to jump into the top 3 of the best laptop brands from various polls that read:

Apple > ASUS = Lenovo > Others

Reactions: Sven

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

Agree with the links especially 2nd and 3rd one. Lenovo has the variety and ASUS has the design. Both has excellent tech-support.

Any day I'd stick with one among the two.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Guys, please don't reply with just one word. It's not helping anyone and if you have a favorite brand, tell us which is, and try to make a point. Pros, cons and stuff.
Thank you ;)

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
I'm using an HP Pavilion G6 series laptop for more than 2.5 years now, its doing OK.

Pros:
* HP laptops are quite durable. Since the day I bought, I've dropped my laptop from serious heights and nothing serious happened except some scratchs on paint.
Cons:
* Support is not good, seriously. Drivers never gets updated, no good support comes from forums etc..
This one should be enough to not to choose HP (for me).

I would definitely suggest Dell, ASUS or Lenovo, because :

Dell:
*** Unbeliveable support. I've seen it with my own eyes.(lol) My friend's laptop had died from a motherboard error, and the next day, the guys from Dell support came to his house, fixed the part in front of our eyes, wrote the letter of fix, and gone. That was quite awesome.
*** Great quality materials, prices are a little high for the similars but support earns that difference, in my opinion.
* My brother using a Dell, which is now like 4 years old, and it's still rocks.

ASUS:
*** Most parts of hardware (components) of laptops are mostly produced by company itself, that means, the support for a laptop model is more easier to focus on. So, the idea of support or *getting supported* is more clearer to see.
** More quality materials than the other brands are used in process of making ASUS laptops. (my opinion but what I see)
* The market price is *normal* for that quality hardware.

LENOVO:
*** IBM based technicians and materials included in the process of produce.
** Market share grows undeniably fast, that means, [more people use a model -> more people needs support for that model -> user gets support for the model (granted).] Price tag of Lenovo's also a plus.
* My friend has bought a Lenovo laptop, about 6 months ago, and he's the most happy man in universe with it, at the moment.

H

hjlbx

Clevo and Sager ... if you want high-end customization.

I prefer Toshiba, but its laptops are always $50 to $100 USD more expensive for the identical specs with HP.

To my hands, the Toshiba keyboards always feel the best...so it's only a personal preference and not that their tech/features are better.

Piteko21

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
Thanks, but I already bought a toshiba:D. Thank you all for the suggestions.;)

(I think this thread should be closed once no longer make much sense leaves it open!?)

Piteko21

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014

Hi @Sven : http://www.toshiba.pt/laptops/satellite/satellite-l50-b/satellite-l50d-b-13x/
in this link you find the computer but the information are in Portuguese.
toshiba.PNG

this is the price in "euros" because I'm european. this computer is not appropriate for gaming, I use it just for study and to play games that do not require much...and also because I had no budget for more, that was the main reason:D:D:D

Reactions: Sven
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.