Best Link Scanner for Chrome ?

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Earth you are wrong. Traffic Light does block malicious downloads on a safe site. Try downloading Eicar or Spycar with Traffic Light on and its gets blocked.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not for me. I used the Chrome only extension.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
malbky said:
Earth you are wrong. Traffic Light does block malicious downloads on a safe site. Try downloading Eicar or Spycar with Traffic Light on and its gets blocked.

Same here as Earth the extension alone didn't block either Eicar or Spycar.
You must be having the full installer?

Anyway my Webroot SecureAnywhere detects every single one of them. :angel:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Well that's explains that. :)
What's resource usage like? Any slowdowns occur when launching any of the modern browsers?

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Nope. No slowdowns. Actually dont feel a thing. Browsers are fast and zippy. During install you have to restart browser once to get SSL certificates installed.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
A bit effect but not noticeable with full windows traffic light.
But not wish to keep it :)

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
Maybe the combo is tge best
Traffic light for the URLs
Dr web for scanning the links

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.