Best PAID antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

viel

Thread author
Hello,
I am wondering what is the best paid antivirus out there? I have done some research but it's a bit hard to find the answer, what has the best detection rate? (just curious) I have heard a lot about Kaspersky and how good it is, but I am not sure.

Thanks.

PS: Does this Free scanner have the same detection rate as the paid one? Just minus the RT protection.etc? https://www.kaspersky.com.au/free-virus-scan

Last edited by a moderator:

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Don't mean to sound rude but considering you created this thread under "Kaspersky" i would say give them a try. Kaspersky has always done very well in malware hub. As @frogboy said though, i would consider signing up for free trials and giving them all a shot. See what you like more. Each one has their pros and cons.

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
My opinion against viruses and set protection:
Norton > Kaspersky > Bitdefender > Eset > Avast...

Against Pup's
Emsisoft > Malwarebytes > Zemana..

Phishing
Norton Toolbar and it still has Norton DNS as more protection

Last edited:

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Like other guys said above, the best option is to choose some top AV softwares and try them, you'll able to customize them, see how perform in your pc...etc.
If you don't want to try, and you want to go directly for one, I always recommend Kaspersky and Norton: if you're more advenced user and want customization and options, go for Kaspersky. If you want a good install-and-forget software, go for Norton.

Reactions: bribon77

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
Malware and Antivirus is designed by people's like us. Nothing is best and perfect. :cool:.You are the best antivirus for your system.

Selecting antivirus for system. It's little bit different because their are millions of Computers running on different hardware ( like processor,ram,storage etc). Antivirus is code to prevent a Computer from viruses which infect system cause slow downs,strange behavior etc.
Different specification (Computer) need different security suite like laptop or computer,low or high performance. Understand your requirement and choice what fit in your system. Spouse: You picked a topline antivrus and installed in your system but your system is not able to handle it then everything is waste. we see many antivirus have strong parent control,detection. On demand scanner like EKK (Emisoft Emergency kit) is recommend and it's free.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
They all fluctuate from month-to-month. I remember when Malwarebytes was all the craze a few months ago. Now everyone avoids it. You can't go wrong with the big antivirus companies. Just fish for discounts before you buy something and look at what they do. Some are very lightweight and great for gaming, others have great web protection/reputation services, others are good for office/email/anti-phishing.

Moi61

Level 2
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
If you have a good specs for your PC, I would recommend Bitdefender Total Security. Bitdefender is really good for ransomware. It has SAFE FILES to really protect from it and it has autopilot. If you turn on the activate profiles automatically, it is really great when you play games, watch movies and open file documents because it will adjust automatically for that profile to boost performance of your PC. If you find it a little bit heavy, it only means that you are protected. And most especially, you can find a lot of sales of Bitdefender licenses that you can buy at a very affordable price. Everything you need in a security suite is already in Bitdefender. Thank you. I do not know why others find it or even called it King of Bugs. Anyway, it is a personal preference.

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
Any big name vendor is fine. But that should not be the only defense.
You need to have a multilayered approach to security.
You should install Ransomfree from cyberreason which is free by the way.
You also need a white-listing program / anti executable so that when you are using the PC there is less chance of driveby downloads and fileless malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.