Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Read in details below for 10 rated Best PMs for 2023

Comparison of the Best Password Managers in 2023​

Password ManagerFree PlanStarting PriceBuilt-in TOTP GeneratorLocal Storage OptionEncrypted StorageUnique FeaturesFamily planFree TrialMoney-Back Guarantee
1.🥇1PasswordNo free plan€2.75 / month✅✅1 GBMultiple vaults, Watchtower, Travel Mode, virtual payment cards5 users (+ you can add more for a small fee)14 days❌
2.🥈Dashlane1 device, unlimited passwords€1.84 / month✅❌1 GBVPN, password security auditing, dark web monitoring10 users30 days30 days
3.🥉RoboForm1 device, unlimited passwords€0.91 / month✅✅❌Many form-filling templates, secure note sharing5 users30 days30 days
4. Keeper1 device, unlimited passwords€3.45 / month✅❌10 GB (family plan)Encrypted messaging, secure storage, dark web monitoring5 users30 days❌
5. LastPassUnlimited mobile or desktop devices, unlimited passwords€2.76 / month✅✅1 GBAdvanced 2FA settings, multiple account recovery options6 users30 days❌
6. Sticky Password1 device, unlimited passwords€27.57 / year❌✅❌Cloud/local backup sync, portable USB option, one-time purchase optionNo family plan30 days30 days
7. Avira Password ManagerUnlimited devices, unlimited passwords€2.45 / month✅✅1 GBSeamless auto-login featureNo family plan❌60 days
8. Password BossUnlimited passwords on 1 device€2.30 / month❌✅❌Dark web monitoringNo family plan30 days30 days
9. BitwardenUnlimited devices, unlimited passwords€9.19 / year✅✅1 GBOpen-source,built-in 2FA, affordable6 users❌30 days
10. Norton Password ManagerUnlimited passwords, unlimited devices€18.38 / year (bundled with Norton’s 360 plans)❌❌❌Vault auditingNo family planFree productFree product

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
A few things not addressed include whether

1) The PM supports non-code signed browsers like LibreWolf, Ungoogled Chromium (by Eloston) etc
2) Whether the android app has trackers. From what I know, Sticky Password, KeePassDX and Bitwarden (from F-Droid) do not have trackers in their android app

Edit

Added KeePassDX to 2)

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For those who want to use Enpass PM here's the latest detailed review

Last edited:
Reactions: Stopspying

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
There are many forks of KeePass available.
For Android: KeePassDX.

1Password has no trackers: εxodus

KeePass for Windows interface looks dated. Can sync between KeePass and KeePassDX?

That Exodus site is showing an earlier version of the android app. The latest version v8.9.13 shows tracker by ClassyShark3xodus

Screenshot_20230124_002302_com.oF2pks.classyshark3xodus.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stopspying

Andrew3000

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 8, 2016
KeePass for Windows interface looks dated. Can sync between KeePass and KeePassDX?

That Exodus site is showing an earlier version of the android app. The latest version shows trackers by ClassyShark3xodus

View attachment 272349
For windows, I suggest KeePassXC is more modern. The KeePassXC database can be opened by KeePassDX and vice versa without any problems. It can also be opened from KeeWeb and others fork

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
What an absurd bunch of apps. Storing your passwords online is asking for trouble. If it's not your cloud, they're no longer your passwords. Encryption is never quite what it's made out to be.

Reactions: windows1064

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
What an absurd bunch of apps. Storing your passwords online is asking for trouble. If it's not your cloud, they're no longer your passwords. Encryption is never quite what it's made out to be.
Some of them do have offline storage

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
I've used all of these with the exception of Avira. Norton claims to be a full password manager but with that company changing hands ever so frequently I really wonder how committed the new owners will be to consumer data security. I'd give rank 1 to 1PW and #2 to Dashlane with 3rd to Bitwarden solely on ease of use and for their family/noob friendly nature. Admit it, most don't have a family full of nerds. At least I dont. :) Dashlane uses Argon2 in their KDF, not PBKDF2 like the others. Password Boss and Sticky Password are at #4, both with lifetime subs.

Keepass/KeepassXC is strictly for nerds. I exclude Enpass (life time subs) but I am concerned about the app's vulnerabilities. The last code audit was done AFAIK in 2019-20. No idea if these guys have worked on hardening the app post those findings. You can read more on their user forums.

Currently use BW, 1PW but with backups/archives in Sticky Password, Password Boss and Keepass. Yes, I am concerned that one day these cloud PMs will cut off access to my data.

On an aside I use Authy, Raivo OTP, 2FAS and Aegis on both Android and iOS just to be sure I never lose my 2FA tokens even if my device is lost or breaks down. :D

ddave

Level 2
Verified
Nov 17, 2014
I use Bitwarden for my personal passwords and i use KeePassXC for "my job" passwords.
I like Bitwarden because is open-source and the free version has everything i need.
I use KeePassXC because is open-source, like Bitwarden, and for my job i don't need to have all my password synchronized so i left the database on my computer.

Reactions: somayogi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.