Best Password Managers: Top 4 Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Thread author
These four password managers (1Password, Clipperz, LastPass, RoboForm) offer security anytime, anywhere...
Read More

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Using LastPass here and I can say that it's very convenient and secure to use.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I am not using any of the ones that have been recommended there. Since I like to have my password on the go with me being at TAFE and stuff I like to know what they are. The program that I use is Keepass Portable and I think that it does the job that I want it to do.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
I am using lastpass.

The only other one in that list i have seen before is Roboform.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
lastpass for me, too many account and complicated passwords to retain all of them. it is free and easy to use.

I

illumination

Thread author
I am using Lastpass also.. I have come to love lastpass, and see no need for another.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
as a side note, lastPass added support for Google Authenticator as another multifactor authentication method link.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I have the most secure password manager ever, no password required and no one can access it: Brain :D

But sadly, it gets many of the passwords lost :(

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It was my first time to used Lastpass and loving it. This will also help and complement even my brain and written in paper too.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
RE: Best Password Managers: Top 4 Reviewed

I've started using Keepass portable and I really like it, thanks goes to Earth for mentioning it to me :)

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012

So many votes for Last Pass,but first time when i use the passward manegar its "norton identity safe" & like it too much & also it has a URL cheker too :)

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Aug 26, 2012

LastPass FTW! Norton ID Safe doesn't support all the browsers where as on Lastpass.com we can download browser extensions separately as needed. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

I use LastPass.The only other one I have used in the past was Roboform.I like LastPass the best its easy and secure

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011

I am a long time user of RoboForm (10+ years). Yes it is a paid product and LastPass is free so why no switch. Well I have tried LastPass and would probably switch to it if it wasn't for two things. One, It refuses to work properly for logging into my bank. That alone is a game killer for me. Two, I also use RoboForm at my job and while both RoboForm and LastPass have the ability to sync your passcards with a server so you have access to them anywhere. RoboForm allows for a desktop version where you don't "have" to have an account to sync your data with a server. This is critical for me for my job as I would probably get fired if I was storing logon credentials for sites inside our intranet on a internet server. No matter how secure LastPass claims to be this would be a major no-no. So RoboForm is my current product of choice. As others have mentioned I use some seriously hard generated passwords and a password manager is a must.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012

lastpass premium
paid version as I need my passwords synched to my other devices
this is a good security breakdown of lastpass - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Q_anb7pwg
you may wanna skip to about 52min in :D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

i use Lastpass for non-sensitive websites, for the sensitive ones my brain is good enough for the moment.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
i use Lastpass for non-sensitive websites, for the sensitive ones my brain is good enough for the moment.

good luck with 4N6tJ2349wKf5b%H!$g3KesD!f3ua*CN
:D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

no need to do complicated , i use para-phrases with "hacker style" and one special character between each word

ex:

my paraphrase : feel the power of the dark side > hacker style and $ as a special character > f33l$th3$p0w3r$0f$th3$d4rk$s1d3$

easy and secure

LawnTractor

Oct 20, 2012

www.LoginCode.com - works on sites others didn't. 2MB download, 5MB in memory, simple set-up, nothing fancy - it just works. Unlimited and FREE.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
no need to do complicated , i use para-phrases with "hacker style" and one special character between each word

ex:

my paraphrase : feel the power of the dark side > hacker style and $ as a special character > f33l$th3$p0w3r$0f$th3$d4rk$s1d3$

easy and secure
padding out a good sized passphrase is a good method :)
I use the same method to memorize 2 passwords -
lastpass initial log in and truecrypt bootloader password
both different, both 64 character and containing at least 1 lower case + 1 upper case + 1 number + 1 special character
typing 2 64 character passwords is more than enough so I'm more than happy to let lastpass take over
and for total peace of mind I use google authenticator as 2 factor authentication with lastpass
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.