Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
RE: Best Password Managers: Top 4 Reviewed

Umbra Corp. said:
no need to do complicated , i use para-phrases with "hacker style" and one special character between each word

ex:

my paraphrase : feel the power of the dark side > hacker style and $ as a special character > f33l$th3$p0w3r$0f$th3$d4rk$s1d3$

easy and secure

It would take a desktop PC about
34 undecillion years
to crack your password

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

I'm trying to figure out which letters to make substitutes for...E=3,I=1 <<<are the easiest

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012

I use Sticky Password 6,but I'm sick of errors...and Iwould try LastPass

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

I was a long time Roboform user. But after they changed their license policy, limited the free version to only 15 passwords and kept releasing versions which were buggy and didn't work correctly with Firefox and Google Chrome, I switch to LastPass.

LastPass allowed me to import all of my Roboform data and it works excellent with all browsers. I never have errors anymore when logging on to my sites. LastPass is more stable than Roboform and the free version is not limited to 15 passwords which is not enough for most users.

I have been using LastPass for several years now and I have been very pleased with it. I would never go back to Roboform.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

MRF71 said:
I'm trying to figure out which letters to make substitutes for...E=3,I=1 <<<are the easiest

how i use them

1= I
2 = L
3 = E
4 = A
5 = S
6 = G
7 = T
8 = B
9 = Q
0 = O

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012

because of the massive recent password database breaches hackers have had a chance to study and work on algorithms to crack "clever" passwords
saying that if you include all character sets and make them long and each 1 different you should be all good
http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/08/passwords-under-assault/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.