Best protection for Windows 8 log in?

Morvotron

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
I have my Windows 8.1 laptop protected from unauthorized access with a good reliable password, but i've seen lots of softwares that easily bypass any password set on this OS.

Is there any third-party software that allow you to set up a password or any type of log in protection that may be harder to bypass? (won't say unbreakable, cause, you know, unexistant).

XavierGaming

Level 3
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
The best password you can get for your system is your BIOS password. Search on how to set a BIOS password for your current BIOS. In order to bypass a BIOS password, they will need to move the CMOS jumper which is located on your motherboard, meaning they will have to open up your computer switch the pins that the CMOS jumper cover to reset the BIOS and access your system.

You can also encrypt your hardrive using a good tool such as Veracrypt.

:D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

The best password you can get for your system is your BIOS password. Search on how to set a BIOS password for your current BIOS. In order to bypass a BIOS password, they will need to move the CMOS jumper which is located on your motherboard, meaning they will have to open up your computer switch the pins that the CMOS jumper to reset the BIOS and access your system.

You can also encrypt your hardrive using a good tool such as Veracrypt.

:D

Good advices , Exactly what i do every time i have a new machine !

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Picture Password is another good alternative solution since the bypass will be hard to crack because of different concept; all you have to do is provide a much tricky picture to avoid an easy access.

But speaking of bypass, an interesting article stated where Picture Password may also prone of brute for attack.*

*Of course that's already common sense because brute force attack will try everything and the success will be differ at all.

Reactions: Morvotron

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.