Battle Best Samsung content blockers?

slash/

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Samsung Internet has extensions/content blockers that don't connect through VPN. This allows a VPN to be run alongside an ad blocker (unlike AdGuard and Blokada apps). Up to 5 content blockers are allowed simultaneously, which 5 (or less) are you using, or are the best?

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
The more the better, if disconnect and adguard miss something, having more just in case to cover the holes doesn't hurt
This is -not quite- how it works. Based on this concept one should use more than one antivirus in order to cover what others don't catch.

If you install, for example, AdGuard app for PC and then build your Chrome with uBlock Origin you will soon realise that uBlock is always in 0, meaning it doesn't block anything at all, because AdGuard's injection is prioritized and takes the job. In Samsung phones, AdGuard can take its role on ad blocking and Disconnect on tracking protection. The more you add, the slower your browsing experience will be, and probably the worst results you will get.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Sometime less is more, if you can find an adblocker for phones which you can add filterlists to, that would be massively ideal. If you do just use the standard AdzHosts filter list, updated regularly and works fairly well.

~LDogg

Snickers102

Level 1
Verified
Jul 5, 2018
The more you add, the slower your browsing experience will be, and probably the worst results you will get.

What? As far as I know, if an extra extension blocks an ad or a tracker that others missed, then the browsing experience is faster since the ad/tracker doesn't load, not slower. That is, assuming it doesn't work the way you described it. Someone mentioned in the other thread that ublock origin still blocked some ads here and there even though he had adguard for desktop installed

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
What? As far as I know, if an extra extension blocks an ad or a tracker that others missed, then the browsing experience is faster since the ad/tracker doesn't load, not slower. That is, assuming it doesn't work the way you described it. Someone mentioned in the other thread that ublock origin still blocked some ads here and there even though he had adguard for desktop installed
Not really, no. To start with, AdGuard and as well uBlock have the ability to add third-party filters, and they pretty much share all of them, so it's really redundant how many you add if they all work based on the same filters. You'll just slow the browsing experience.

Check: Q&A - Can I use more than 1 Ad blocker?

Peter Phillie

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2018
Try using Adguard for your android. This ad blocker works great on my mobile phone. It has a remarkable protection from ads and has an excellent firewall too! Also, it has good features, fast and lightweight ad blocking extension that effectively blocks all types of ads on all web pages. So, try using this one!

slash/

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Try using Adguard for your android. This ad blocker works great on my mobile phone. It has a remarkable protection from ads and has an excellent firewall too! Also, it has good features, fast and lightweight ad blocking extension that effectively blocks all types of ads on all web pages. So, try using this one!
I believe you're talking about the app itself, and not the content blocker. I mentioned in the OP that, like Blokada, this is not an option since it uses a VPN proxy, which prevents me from using an actual VPN alongside it.

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
In the past i have used Crystal for Samsung Internet and AdBlock fast, not very much impressed.
Now i use Blokada (F-droid) globally with 4 filters enabled and Neustar Free Recursive DNS set on it and for the moment i like it, cover all browser on my phone and remove/hide some ads from apps.

Nevermind, i see what root/ says about Blokada so the best will be Ad Guard Content Blocker.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.