Battle Best Security Suite 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
None, I hate security suites they always have too much bloatware and unnecessary features.
With modern Windows all any user needs is UAC, Windows Firewall and a light AV with a good backup program Windows Backup feature will do.
If that doesn't work then use a "Limited User Account" or learn how to control your online habits.

Thanks. :D

Y

yigido

Why vote for Comodo when Avira in your signature? :confused:
Comodo has Default Deny Architecture and it can prevent %99,9 malwares from your system. Comodo is hard to use because it is working with its whitelisting, if it is not in whitelist even a safe application, Comodo will sandbox it and then user thinks it is blocked. He/she does not know how to maintain automatic sandbox. They said it is not user-friendly.
Lets come my status, I am using lots of unknown open-source apps and Comodo cannot whitelist them as fast as updates of unknown softwares. Avira is much friendlier against unknown apps, because he lets everything run in your PC :mad: You can be infected if you are not using your common sense. Comodo is not a my type of product nowadays.
I love Comodo, and I use Avira :)
(you can say I am a fanboy bu I am not)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Paid: Emsisoft, Free:Qihoo 360is 5.0.0.50000beta.:) Anyone who put all of they eggs in Microsoft basket is begging for trouble. Microsoft themselves does tell you to install a proper Anti-virus.
I have many customers who use Microsoft and never get any infections. Infections depends on the users actions not the product they decide to use since none of them will detect everything if there was a mega AV that used all AV engines.

Remember detection rate depends on the users own actions not the product.

Enjoy!! :D

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
None, I hate security suites they always have too much bloatware and unnecessary features.
With modern Windows all any user needs is UAC, Windows Firewall and a light AV.
If that doesn't work then use a "Limited User Account" or learn how to control your online habits.

Thanks. :D
I think of it as this: You can buy 3 pieces of cement (antivirus, firewall, backup) or buy a huge piece of cement. The huge piece costs more than 3 seperate pieces and also weighs more, calling for more money to transport it.

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
My Top Seven

1)ESET Smart Security 7
2)Emsisoft Internet Security Pack
3)Webroot Internet Security Complete
4)Outpost Internet Security + Malwarebytes Pro
5)Esmisoft online Amor Free + Malwarebytes
6)Comodo Free Firewall + 360 Total Security
5)Comodo Free Firewall + Malwarebytes Pro
7)Comodo Free Firewall + Avast free AV

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Amidst so many popular names in Security Suites, I feel like one of the few members in a community where all of my other neighbors have automatic garage doors, remote controlled/digital sound systems, are living in homes with transitional ambient lighting, and automatic sprinklers on a timer, ..in addition to the Jettson's Food-O-Matic dinners prepared by Rosie the Robot!:p:D
For the protection of our Windows 7 & 8.1 system we have
*Drum roll, please*
  • Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender AV (Yes, I know...)
  • Windows Firewall (Yay!):):)
  • Sandboxed browsing (see banner below) with a myriad of extensions & add-ons
  • Intermittent containment in Shadow Defender's Shadow Mode (Thanks to *You know who you are*)
  • Recovery from XP sponsored by linux lubuntu.:cool:
  • 4 Cats whom attend daily support meetings of fur shedders anonymous.:rolleyes:
  • ...and gratefully accepted "Knowledge" (Thanks illumination) from The All Powerful and Wise Wizards Of Malware Tips!:D;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.