Best settings for GDATA internet security 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Should I leave at default or should I tweak it?
I'm setting it up for a friend so what would be the best settings for novice users?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
When I last used it, left everything on default and it worked wonders for me. Don't know what other people will say though. :s

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Never used G-Data, but the best settings would be ones that are ideal to you, and what you're looking for from the product.

Example: I switched off Avast rootkit scan on system startup on my laptop.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Well it's for a friend, I may just leave at default thanks

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I would add one suggestion bro. In the custom scan option just enable automatically quarantine. I dont know the exact settings, but I do this in KIS and Norton. So when my client scans his pc, he does not find intriguing pop ups. So just look for it.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Earth said:
Example: I switched off Avast rootkit scan on system startup on my laptop.

thats bad...cozz avast uses gmer to scan your computer for rootkits exactly 8 minutes after your pc boots and even in its real time and on access and on demand scan...turning off the rootkit scan on startup is not recommended as it can keep u unalerted of a live infection unless a on demand scan is done

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Your spelling and grammar is bad. I have my system set-up the way I want it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.